cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

new used phone

pdolphin
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I have just received my new phone (used) from Public Mobile but cannot use it yet as I don't have a SIM card. My question is that I notice that the home button is not at all mobile, in other words it seems jammed...is that normal? I am wondering if this is just because I have not set up my service on this phone yet?

7 REPLIES 7

BKNS27
Mayor / Maire

@pdolphin 

If your phone is an iPhone SE (5S) to iPhone 8, the home button will not click if the phone is turned off. 

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

@pdolphin wrote:

I have just received my new phone (used) from Public Mobile but cannot use it yet as I don't have a SIM card. My question is that I notice that the home button is not at all mobile, in other words it seems jammed...is that normal? I am wondering if this is just because I have not set up my service on this phone yet?

@pdolphin  - well, if the home button is supposed to move, then it does not sound normal to me.

The account is connected to the SIM card not the phone. So it does not matter if you have set up any services yet.

When you obtain a SIM card, you can move it into any compatible phone to use the phone number on it.

Contact CSA and inquire about any issues with the phone, by submitting a message/ticket to them here: 

Private Message to Public Mobile Customer Support Agents (CSA)

HALIMACS
Mayor / Maire

@pdolphin 

Many new smartphones circa 2017 started phasing out the old-school home button that physically presses down to make a connection.

Here is a good article on the evolution of the 'home button':

Why New Phones Don’t Have Home Button & How to Add Touchscreen Home Button? - ESR Blog (esrgear.com)

@pdolphin 

You can still connect your phone to WiFi sign I to your Google account etc....test out the camera, sound thru the speaker, bluetooth headphones, download a voip app like fongo for calls or textnow for calls and texting. You can still test how the phone works just not connected to a mobile network.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@pdolphin 

for the missing SIM card you need to Contact Customer Support Agent by CS_Agent, and Explain your issue to 
them can solve your issue, they are nice Service Team they will help you 100%.

Here’s How To Contact Customer Support Agent

• send a private message to Customer Support Agent by Click Here link,

If you are not satisfied, you can return your purchase for an exchange or refund, with the original sales receipt, within 30 days from purchase date if bought online. Click Here link, for more information regarding our return policies.

after 30-day If you are experiencing issues with your phone, and it no longer falls within the 1-year Certified Pre-Owned warranty period or physical / liquid damage is present, we recommend bringing your phone directly to one of Mobile Klinik’s established walk-in repair shops for quick, 

hTideGnow
Mayor / Maire

HI @pdolphin   Can you turn on the phone? What kind of phone you got?  Yes, the new phones have no more physical home button.  It is at the bottom of the screen.  It is software button

Also, although you don't have an activated PM SIM to test, you can use any other SIM and test the phone.

If you are not satisfied, remember you have 30 days to return

Need Help? Let's chat.