cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

new sim needed?

Atilker
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Public Mobile won't let me access a plan that is only available for new subscribers. So... I am going to cancel my account and become a new subscriber. I believe I will need a new SIM card, but can anyone confirm whether or not I can keep my existing phone number?

7 REPLIES 7

Atilker

Changed providers today. Quite simple actually. Thank you for the help

HI @Atilker 

you need to port out your account for couple days and then port it back into the new PM account (activate new account with new sim card)

you can check those postpaid provider and see if they will charge you only couple days if you go there temporary (of course you tell them you leave because of network issue)

or if not, you can go to any postpaid provider, maybe Lucky for cheap sim card around $6 and activate the cheapest plan $15

Atilker

@fixin Do I have to sign up for a plan with a new provider (ie. Koodo) or can I just port the number like I'm going to and then port back to PM?

Atilker

thank you.

Do I have to sign up for a plan with a new provider (ie. Koodo) or can I just port the number like I'm going to and then port back to PM?

@fixin wrote:

@Atilker - After a while (90 days I believe) of porting out the PM SIM card will be useless and will have to buy a new one.

Also you can port out to another provider like Lucky Mobile or Koodo & then after a day or two port back into PM as a new customer. You will lose any add-ons or points from the system.

Good thinkin'...that would work. Port number to new provider...then get a new PM sim and  port back in to PM.

Also, porting away will deactivate his existing acct right away...not in 90 days.

fixin
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@Atilker - After a while (90 days I believe) of porting out the PM SIM card will be useless and will have to buy a new one.

Also you can port out to another provider like Lucky Mobile or Koodo & then after a day or two port back into PM as a new customer. You will lose any add-ons or points from the system.

hairbag1
Mayor / Maire

@Atilker 

officially...you cannot. However, that number will be available in 30 days as long as it was an original Telus / Kodoo / PM assigned number. You'd need Customer Support for definitive answer.

Need Help? Let's chat.