cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

new activation, Sim not working

wendigo
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

just activate my new sim and a new account. the sim is not connecting to the network shows emergency only.

I got another sim and change the sim on the website. the result is still the same. both sim cards aren't connecting to the network.

I tried to suspend the service on the website and wait 10 mins. it is still not working.

5 REPLIES 5

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@wendigo 

Send customer support a follow up message indicating your SIM card did not provision correctly upon activation. Pre-verify your account so that they can provision your SIM card to your account in the morning when they open for business at 6am eastern. This way customer support will have hopefully already provisioned your SIM card before you wake up to check your private messages.

To contact customer support click below:

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

To pre-verify your account include your full name, address, email, phone # and 4 digit acct pin #.

wendigo
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I have tried 3 phones with 2 different sim cards and no luck. I just sent them a PM. 

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@wendigo   do you have another phone to test ?  Just want to confirm it is not a device issue

Of course, since you just activate, it could be just a SIM provisioning issue

I suggest you to first try your sim on another phone first if you have one around.  If that doesn't work or you don't have a 2nd phone, open a ticket with PM Support and have them to confirm the SIM provisioning.  to open ticket with PM Support:

1. If you have access to Self-Serve My account: For faster response (2-48 hours) , Click on the bubble in the lower right to request CS Agent assistance, or use this direct link: https://publicmobile.ca/chatbot.

Start with typing "Submit a ticket", click "Contact Us", click "Other" from the choices, click "Click here to submit a ticket". Then follow to complete the ticket submission.

2. If you don't have access to My Account or have trouble with above method: you can Send a private message to the CS Agent here: https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

**Monitor your Community inbox, envelope on the top right, after ticket is opened.  CS Agent will reply and work with you  via messaging there

@wendigo wrote:

just activate my new sim and a new account. the sim is not connecting to the network shows emergency only.

I got another sim and change the sim on the website. the result is still the same. both sim cards aren't connecting to the network.

I tried to suspend the service on the website and wait 10 mins. it is still not working.

What's yuour phone model? There's a chance that the device isn't compatible.  There's also the possibility that a activation system error didn't set up your service properly.

JL9
Mayor / Maire

I take it you are not porting a number over, you are taking a new number from PM?

Need Help? Let's chat.