cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

messages and calls sent during account suspension due to PM's own fault lost?! (autopay glitch)

jscivias
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I had autopay on, which worked last month, then it stopped working this month and my account was immediately suspended which i was not made aware of. i did not even get any message saying it was suspended, only the generic text saying 'pls ignore this payment reminder if you have autopay set up', which i ignored since i set up auto pay. i wasn't aware my account was suspended most of the day until someone imessaged me asking if i received texts. then i checked my account online and saw that my account was suspended. checked with my credit card company, no issue there. i manually paid online using the same credit card and my account was restored, but i know i missed some messages while my account was suspended. i have sent several messages back and forth with a PM service agent who admitted the auotpay failure may have occurred out of a glitch in the system and furthermore they avoided answering my simple question several times, i.e. whether they can somehow restore my missed messages?? this is terrible service imo.

6 REPLIES 6

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

@jscivias - We cannot help you see if anything was missed.

if you were already in communication with an agent, through a ticket, reply back to them about the issue you are inquiring about missing calls/texts.

I am not sure they can help you, because if an account is suspended then this service simply does not work.

SB78

Same thing happened to me today - and to many other Public Mobile users - we had autopay set up, but it didn't go through, account was suspended, then the payment did go through - right back to normal.  Must have been a glitch on Public Mobile's end.  Glad I wasn't the only one!

hTideGnow
Mayor / Maire

HI @jscivias   Yes, there are many posts about missed payment today

PM is a prepaid service provider.  Because it is prepaid, it will stop the service is the payment is not made, where is a problem on the card or a problem with Autopay

If you need the service up without any chance or interruption, you can load enough fund ahead of renewal date manually.   Or you can go with postpaid provider like Koodo or Telus.  Postpaid allows service to continue even payment is missed, but with interest added to outstanding balance

Sorry @jscivias  I missed that.

Yes, as I said, look like there has been problem with Autopay today.  We are just customers like you here so we don't know why it had issue.  There was no official words from PM acknowledging the problem.  But it does look like there are more people got affected by Autopay failure than usual

You can open a ticket with PM Support and push for an answer or some compensation:

1. If you have access to My account: At https://publicmobile.ca/chatbot.

Start by typing "Submit a ticket", then click "Contact Us", Then click "Other", then click "Click here to submit a ticket ↗" 

2. If you don't have access to My Account or have trouble with Chatbot: Private message CS Agent at: 

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

**Monitor your Community inbox (envelope icon on the top right) after the ticket is opened.  CS Agent will reply you there

jscivias

i'm not sure why you wrote all that when i already wrote in my post that 1) my service was cut off due to PM's glitch, 2) i did not know about this until this afternoon, and manually paid online to get my account back 3) my question is whether PM can retrieve my lost calls and messages that were sent by others while my phone was suspended because PM messed up. i was actually waiting for a very important call & msg today hence my irritation. lastly, i am seeing now that PM just processed their autopay so i paid twice while having my line suspended for almost the entire business day. 

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@jscivias   Was it supposed to be renewed today?  Look like there is some Autopay issue today and multiple posts about missed payment

Let's get your service back first if you have not done so. 

Login to Self-Serve My Account, go to Payment page, One time payment.

There, use the option "Other (Enter the desired payment amount)" and manually enter the plan amount and then submit.  (Do not use "Amount Due" as it usually give problem)

Once payment is made, click the button "Reactivate current plan" if it is there. 

Then logoff from My Account and reboot the phone

Need Help? Let's chat.