cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

lost phone

kevinbryan
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hello,

I tried to reach out but I could not find any agent,  recently lost my phone and I purchased a new SIM card and I would like to keep my phone number please 

9 REPLIES 9

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

@kevinbryan - you are new to the Community. How long ago have you activated this account?

Was it in store, back when they were doing activations in store? Then, do you recall ever having created a Self Serve/My Account before? 

If so, you need your email and password entered here to log in: https://telusidentity.telus.com/as/authorization.oauth2?response_type=code&client_id=cc26d3b9-3370-4...

If having issues with your password, use the Forgot your password option to reset it, found here: https://myaccount.publicmobile.ca/en/forgot-password

If a My Account was never created, and you are a current customer (have been active within 90 days), you can submit a ticket here to: Create or forgot My Account email or password link

@kevinbryan 

I hope you're not trying to activate the new SIM card?

If so, stop before you go any further.

If you activate a new SIM card your prior number attached to the lost SIM card will not be able to be transferred to the new activated SIM card and you will have created an extra account for no reason.

@kevinbryan   You don't need your account number to change the SIM which can be done by logging into your account and shouldn't require customer support help either as it's fairly simple process.

edit:  Yes, you'll keep your number after updating the SIM card in the account.

@kevinbryan  look at my bottom pic in first reply to you shows you where everything is at 

kevinbryan
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

where can I get my account number ?because I have a new SIM card but I want to keep the old phone number?

BKNS27
Mayor / Maire

@kevinbryan 

It is best that you contact by creating a ticket on SIMon Chatbot on the bottom of the page or private message on the envelope icon above and have your phone Blacklisted.

You can switch the SIM card by login to your account and go to the Profile section and click on Change SIM Card number.

dabr
Mayor / Maire

@kevinbryan   You'll need to login into your self serve account and select either Quick Links or Profile and then click the Change SIM option and follow prompts.  If you put your account into Lost/Stolen mode when you lost the SIM, you'll need to now Resume Service again as well.

Once you've updated the SIM card, you number will be attached to the new SIM.  Just reboot after logging out as well.

LoveNature
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Hi @kevinbryan 

Login to your account and just changed your SIM card number,

your phone number with your account is will keep in as is.

if want to submit a ticket with SIMon Chatboth

typ: Agent
and Click, Contact Us
then Click, Other
and, Click here to submit a ticket.

Handy1
Mayor / Maire

@kevinbryan  Use a computer and don’t activate just swap SIM log in to self serve and go to profile tab 

My account

Legend  and features

Change plan / update cc /auto pay

Handy1_0-1674938732711.png

Account #/ change # port /swap SIM

Need Help? Let's chat.