cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

lost old sim card when porting to public, now everything is messed up

faultedgecko
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

We ported my son over to Public Mobile from Virgin, i guess he missed a step and he can receive texts via his old number, but everything else wants to work with the new temporary number.  This was last week and I guess he just realized its messed up. He lost his Virgin sim, so cant get the verification text.  How can we fix this?

4 REPLIES 4

@faultedgecko  Please submit ticket with support using this direct link to get sorted out 

send  a  private message   To CS_Agents

⬇️⬇️⬇️⬇️⬇️ Link below ⬇️⬇️⬇️⬇️⬇️

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

faultedgecko
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

this has been quite the headache and still not resolved. I spent hours calling back and forth with virgin, they have released the number, but now I am being told theres a problem on publics end.  

@faultedgecko wrote:

We ported my son over to Public Mobile from Virgin, i guess he missed a step and he can receive texts via his old number, but everything else wants to work with the new temporary number.  This was last week and I guess he just realized its messed up. He lost his Virgin sim, so cant get the verification text.  How can we fix this?

It migth be easier to simply replace your Virgin Mobile SIM card before re-attempting the number porting.  As for the phone number being used at Public Mobile, there is no temporary phone number.  Public Mobile does not assign a tempoary phone number whenever number porting is reqested at the same time as activation. Also, a number port reqested at a later time would have the number activate at Public Mobile immediately replaced with the one that was requested to be ported in (even before number porting has completed). 

Handy1
Mayor / Maire

@faultedgecko  I’ll send you the porting team number private message and they can re trigger the port request for you . But first contact virgin and see if the will verbally approve the transfer 

Need Help? Let's chat.