cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

lost my public sim

Sanaz
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hello,

Unfortunately, I lost my public mobile sim card and I'm not able to Sign up to Self Server cause I can't receive a text msg because of that ask a sales person and he told me I have to buy a new sim card and divert my previous number to the new sim to receive msg.

Now, what is next? how can I divert it?

Please help me asap.

7 REPLIES 7

geopublic
Mayor / Maire

@Sanaz wrote:

Hello,

Unfortunately, I lost my public mobile sim card and I'm not able to Sign up to Self Server cause I can't receive a text msg because of that ask a sales person and he told me I have to buy a new sim card and divert my previous number to the new sim to receive msg.

Please help me asap.

@Sanaz  You need to be able to verify your account when you contact the moderator. If you can't then you will need to start over. Otherwise anyone who "finds or gets a hold" of PM phone can claim the same thing and take over.

@GinYVR wrote:

@SanazBasically the salesman told you to setup a brand new Public Mobile account.. then use the phone number transfer function (see picture) and port your old phone number to the new account.

He is assuming you have enough proof for Public Mobile to verify you are indeed the user of the previous phone number, so get those activation receipts etc ready.

Screen Shot 2019-06-12 at 10.27.05 AM.png

Huh? Sanaz didn't say anything about transfering a phone number.  How is he going to get into self serve when there's no account?

cavemantoronto
Mayor / Maire

@Sanaz wrote:

Hello,

Please help me asap.

You can't set up self-serve account if you can't get the code.  You can't get a text message without service.  You have to find the sim card  to get the code.  If you can't find it, you have to buy new sim.  You need moderator to switch sim.  You will then get the code and can set up your self-serve account.

popping
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@GinYVR wrote:

@SanazBasically the salesman told you to setup a brand new Public Mobile account.. then use the phone number transfer function (see picture) and port your old phone number to the new account.

He is assuming you have enough proof for Public Mobile to verify you are indeed the user of the previous phone number, so get those activation receipts etc ready.

1.  Creating a new account is an expensive way as subscriber needs to pay the first full month of service for the new account.

2.  PM does not allow porting a number from a PM account to another PM account.

@Sanaz 

Send a private message to moderator to create a self-serve account for you so that you can login to change your account to use a new SIM card.

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

Moderator wait time is 2 - 3 days.

@Sanaz 

You need to access your self service account.  If you never made an account, you will need to contact moderator to get access.  Expect 1-2 day wait.  

Once you have access to your self service account, then you can switch to your new bought SIM card.  Then your new SIM/phone will start working.  

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Sanaz wrote:

Hello,

Please help me asap.

So you have an existing service that I guess you activated at a store and you never went about creating the self-serve account as instructed.

Is that about right?

If so then you'll need to contact the @Moderator_Team < Click this.

If you activated it yourself not in a store then you would have created the self-serve account.

If so then you can try the Forgot your password? link.

GinYVR
Mayor / Maire

Need Help? Let's chat.