cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

kd78
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hello, I have been with public mobile for some time, however my credit card info. seems to be out of date. My phone has not worked for some time, not sure how long it has been. I bought a new sim, since the old phone/sim are lost. Can you tell me if I can use the new sim, for the old number? Plus my login password has been forgotten, and since I tried to log in, too many times, my account has been disabled. Can I have my password reset? Every time I try, it gives me a "account disabled" type of message. Also can I use the same number on a new sim. Let me know.

3 REPLIES 3

@kd78 wrote:

Hello, I have been with public mobile for some time, however my credit card info. seems to be out of date. My phone has not worked for some time, not sure how long it has been. I bought a new sim, since the old phone/sim are lost. Can you tell me if I can use the new sim, for the old number? Plus my login password has been forgotten, and since I tried to log in, too many times, my account has been disabled. Can I have my password reset? Every time I try, it gives me a "account disabled" type of message. Also can I use the same number on a new sim. Let me know.

As others were saying, whether you can keep using this phone number depends on if it's been suspended for less than 90 days.  If that's the case, Public Mobile prefers that you use https://publicmobile.ca.ada.support/chat/ to contact the moderators and open a ticket . From there, type in "rep".  It will prompt your for your self self credentials, but when it asks for that, tell it that you don't have it and it'll let you verify that you are the account owner by using your account PIN.

geopublic
Mayor / Maire

@kd78 wrote:

Hello, I have been with public mobile for some time, however my credit card info. seems to be out of date. My phone has not worked for some time, not sure how long it has been.

@kd78  If it's been inactive for more than 90 days then you will need to signup as a new customer (new sim and email or email alias.

If it's less than 90 days and you cannot reset your password. Message athe Moderator Team. To contact Public Mobile click here. The link  sends you to the private message function and adds the moderator team as recipient for a private message. You just have to enter a title and text in the body of the message describing the problem and post. The message will be received by the moderator team and they will respond to it. You will receive the response in your private message inbox.

Moderators are available: M-F from 8 AM to midnight Eastern time and S-S from 8 AM to 10 PM Eastern time.

Note: Moderator Hours are subject to change, but you can always find the current times here

Please note that account verification may be required when contacting the Moderator Team 

Triguy
Mayor / Maire

After 90 days of non-payment, your account will be permanently deactivated, which means you will:

• Lose access to your phone number, and won’t be able to transfer it to a new provider in the future.
  • Need a new Public Mobile SIM card if you decide to activate a new Public Mobile account.

You would need to select a new number if your account has been inactive for more than 90 days.

Need Help? Let's chat.