cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

local call tagged as long distance

joannjules
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hello!  I switched to the $10, 30 day new plan today and now when I try to make a local call I'm told that I can't since I don't have a long distance add on.  I tried rebooting the phone which didn't work, turning it off & removing SIM then replacing & turning phone back on which also didn't work, and Simon (who was no help at all.)  Any suggetions?  Thanks in advance.  🙂

8 REPLIES 8

joannjules

Wow, I didn't know about recharge.com...usually it takes at least 10 business days to transfer funds from my bank acct to paypal.  Off to explore & test drive!  Thank you!

Anonymous
Not applicable

@joannjules wrote:

Thanks, great idea, but I pay via vouchers & have no CC or I'd give it a try.  Will wait awhile and see what mods say....but will grab a voucher when I'm out and about later today just in case.  🙂

If you have Paypal connected to your bank account, you can get a $5 voucher from recharge.com and try it that way.

joannjules

Thanks, great idea, but I pay via vouchers & have no CC or I'd give it a try.  Will wait awhile and see what mods say....but will grab a voucher when I'm out and about later today just in case.  🙂

Anonymous
Not applicable

@joannjules wrote:

No luck, but thank you.  Have contacted mods.  🙂

You might get a good fast response from them now so that's good.

Another trick to try in the meantime is to manually add another $1 into your account and then restart the phone. See what happens.

joannjules

No luck, but thank you.  Have contacted mods.  🙂

joannjules

Thanks!  Have contacted the mods.  🙂

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

@joannjules, was this plan change done in an account that was suspended?  It seems like it takes a while for things to work properly when changing plans in a suspended account.  If problems persist, I suggest contacting the moderator team for assistance.  The moderator team can be reached via private message using this link.  Please include in the private message account number and PIN code along with a detailed description of the issue and the required resolution. This will speed up problem resolution significantly. Refer to the following knowledge base link for additional information on contacting the moderator team.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@joannjules wrote:

Hello!  I switched to the $10, 30 day new plan today and now when I try to make a local call I'm told that I can't since I don't have a long distance add on.  I tried rebooting the phone which didn't work, turning it off & removing SIM then replacing & turning phone back on which also didn't work, and Simon (who was no help at all.)  Any suggetions?  Thanks in advance.  🙂

Try the lost/stolen feature.
Log in to self-serve. Plan & Add-Ons from top menu. Lost/Stolen Phone from next menu. Suspend Service button. Log out. Wait a few minutes. Log back in and back to Lost/Stolen Phone and Resume Service this time. Log out. Restart phone.
See what happens.

Need Help? Let's chat.