cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

keeping my plan

ssh
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I need to get a newer phone and I want to keep my plan and number.  I need to change the SIM as the newer phone has a nano SIM.  The plan I have had for a year is no longer offered.  Will I be able to keep my old plan with the new phone and SIM card?

Unfortunately I drowned the old phone and I would like the XR refurbished PM is selling

7 REPLIES 7

ssh
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I couldn't find a life jacket small enough.  Thanks for your help!!!

BKNS27
Mayor / Maire

@ssh 

You didn’t have a life jacket on your phone?

Just purchase a new SIM and go to your account and click on Change SIM card to keep your old plan and number.

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

@ssh  - when you said you drowned your phone...do you also mean your sim card drowned with it?

If you need to obtain a new sim card to swap the phone number and account you currently have you still keep your plan and phone number.

You can use the SIM into any compatible phone, as the SIM card follows your account and phone number.

If you no longer have the old SIM card, see "How To Change Your SIM Card" at the bottom of this Help Article: https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/on/get-help/articles/sim-swap-fraud

Otherwise, if you still have the old SIM card and it is a 3-in-1 card see other posts.

If the old SIM card is not a 3-in-1, but rather an oldie single piece card, then cell shops can usually cut these down to nano size for you. There will probably be a fee for that though, so ask before you get them to do it just to be sure.

Or, obtain a new SIM online or at a Telus or Koodo store.

edit

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@ssh  Changing sim card won't change your plan.  So, no worry

Some sim cards came pre-cut into 3 sizes.  If yours is bigger , check if you can take the outer "frame" to make it nano.

Or if you need to change sim card, go to Telus or Koodo store to get one (don't get online from PM site, it takes long to for them to delvier)

Once you got the sim card, login to My Account, click Quick Links and select Change Sim card.  It will bring you  to the Account Information screen , just enter teh new sim card number and click save and follow the instructions 

https://selfserve.publicmobile.ca/en/account/edit/your-accounthttps://selfserve.publicmobile.ca/en/account/edit/your-account

Timer
Mayor / Maire

@ssh 

so you will get refurbished device and turn off old device and then take your SIM card out and 

Public Mobile Triple Punch SIM card fits most phones as it’s a Standard, Micro and Nano SIM card all rolled into one; simply remove the SIM card in the size that fits and insert it into your refurbished device.

but if you want to activated new line with new phone number when you getting refurbished device is will be coming free SIM card.

and use separate email for new account.

but if need to keep your old plan you can because your SIM card in your account not with device, 

you can insert your SIM card for any device you want is will be working.

Meow
Mayor / Maire

You will keep all benefits of current plan.

If your NEW phone takes nano SIM but you have bigger format you have two options:

1. You can carefully trim existing SIM to nano size. Search Internet how it is done. I have done that before with no problems.

2. Order new PM SIM. It comes as 3-in-1

Meow_0-1659482267607.png

Then you do SIM switch. Keep your number, account, rewards, etc.

Meow_1-1659482320407.png

MrSpock
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@ssh hi you shouldn't need a new sim the one you have breaks apart to become a smaller nano sim you can keep your old plan as long as it hasn't been suspended more then 90 days also if need be you can use your new sim by simply changing the sim number in your self serve account 

Need Help? Let's chat.