please clarify the reason.

thanks a lot

7 REPLIES 7

slusagm
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@slugbug wrote:

The same thing happened to me.

but you should know why now.

PM ended the old rewards, you are now on Public Points.  You paid plan in full now, but earn back points after.  So, just a matter of saving first, or saving later

slugbug
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

The same thing happened to me.

slusagm
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@sskl0 

you won't lose those friend referrals.  The friend rewards points will be added to your My Rewards account a day or two after renewal.  Check to confirm

eddieO
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

@sskl0, friend referrals should not have been effected by the points system change, they should have carried over. If any of your referrals are no longer with PM as customers that would be the reason why you are no longer seeing a credit for them as they would have to be active customers but if all your referrals are still with PM and you are not seeing their points then you should contact a CS_agent and have them look into it further (click on the little orange circle in the bottom right of your screen) 

sskl0
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Unfortunately this has been happening to everyone and those of us who have been long standing with Public Mobile are quite frustrated with this change. I also have been with Public Mobile for five years. Since Public Mobile is moving from the old rewards program to this new points program, they say that we earn 10 points for every 12 months we stay with Public Mobile. However, they don't acknowledge our years of loyalty prior to June 2024. They also say we gain points through friends referral but those who have already referred friends have also lost their rewards. 

eddieO
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

The increase is likely due to the new Public Points system in which everyone is now on. With this change all customers will pay the full amount up front, the $2 auto pay discount has been replaced with 5% Points-Back from every payment (less taxes), the monthly loyalty discount is now replaced with 10 points given once a year on your anniversary. You can earn extra points with the Refer-a-Friend and with Give Back (from 1 point up to 20 points by contributing in the Public Mobile Community).  Public Points can be redeemed towards a $15 bill credit (requires 15 points), or for ad-ons like international long distance minutes, more data, etc (starting at 5 points and up). The $15 bill credits will not happen automatically, you’ll need to redeem your points in your account manually add them for your next bill. There is no opt-out option for the new points system.

As some of our experts have shared, depending on which plan you are currently on there may be opportunities for changing to better cheaper plans to help offset the increase. For example, if you are on the $25 plan, there is now a $19 plan with 1GB data, pretty much the same as the old $25 plan but with faster 4G speed and you save $6. Customers that are currently on the $15 plan do not have any cheaper plan options to move to and will need to accumulate points until reaching 15 for the bill credit of $15.

To change plans login to “My Account” and use “Change on Renewal” to schedule a plan change.

More information about the rewards system migration:
Moving to Public Points | Help Article | Public Mobile

Overview of Public Points:
https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/bc/get-help/articles/public-points

This likely due to the loss of autopay and loyalty rewards. Unfortunately, there was a change and those disounts are no longer provided.

Need Help? Let's chat.