cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

its been 2 months and i havent recieved a sim card

carolmackenzie
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

i sent a message to a moderator but its a bit ridiculous that theres no phone number to call .

3 REPLIES 3

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

I find the comment about no phone number quite the dichotomy,  Back in the days when cell phones ran on analog, these rather large bricks were for calling only.  As time marched on, we went digital, phones got smaller, the original reason for a cell phone became somewhat obsolete with sms and data replacing the ubitquitous phone call.  When it comes to purchasing cellular service, people scramble for the security of what was the 20th century.  Along comes this disruptive service that is Public Mobile trying to embrace the 21st century by going online only and there is criticism to no end that it makes no sense for any business to not have a phone number and physical store.  Time to call up Jeff Bezos and tell him that he's got it all wrong!

Contacting the moderator team support is as efficient as calling a call center and listening to bad music.  The only difference is the phone has a call timer to let you know how long you have been on hold.  I don't want to be judgmental here, but if waiting 2 months for a SIM order was not considered to be a problem, I can't see how waiting a bit of time for a response to a private message is causing uncontrollable anxiety. 

Korth
Mayor / Maire

@carolmackenzie

Normal (Canada Post) delivery time for a PM SIM card is about 2-5 days.

If you still have any kind of Order number or Tracking number then you can find out (from the PM mods) what happened to it.

On the plus side, you can purchase a PM SIM card offline at a variety of retailers: Walmart, K-Mobile, WoW Mobile Boutique.  If you're a new customer then your timing is most fortunate, you can get your PM SIM card for free (along with your first 30 days of service for free) anyhow:

Get a SIM + your next 30 days of service for $0 when you sign up for a Public Mobile 30-day plan!

(only until April 2nd 2018, New Customers only)

$30/30 days "30for1GB-3G" promo 

(Limited Time Offer, New Customers only)

@carolmackenziewrote:

i sent a message to a moderator but its a bit ridiculous that theres no phone number to call .

I'm sure that you will get a reply when they get to your message.  As for the no phone number to call thing, we can debate the merits and disadvantages of that, but that's how the service is set up at Public Mobile.  I would imagine that the moderators could arrange to have another sim card shipped to you.

Need Help? Let's chat.