cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

issues when texting using my Android (Google Pixel 3A) to someone with an iphone

rogerjcarlson
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hello!  I just changed to Public Mobile from Virgin and have a Google Pixel 3a phone.  Previously I had no issues sending texts to friends regardless of whether they had an android phone or an iphone.  However, for some unknown reason, I can now only send texts to those with an android device whereas all texts sent to friends with iphones show as the texts were sent/delivered BUT my friends don't receive them nor can they send me a text using their iphone...not sure what is going on but getting very frustrated.  Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated, thanks and Happy New Year! Chris

10 REPLIES 10

mu99

If the phone number is registered with imessages an iphone will think it is communicating with another apple device and send text messages through apple which will only communicate with apple devices and will not go to non-apple devices.

If you deregister your number with imessages then if someone texts you with an iphone it gets sent as a regular text message.

How does deregistering from iMessage help a Google Pixel owner?

mu99

You phone number might be registered with imessages. 

You need to go to deregister your number with imessages. 

Goto    https://selfsolve.apple.com/deregister-imessage/  scroll down to no longer have iphone. 

or you can go to support at apple.com and search deregister imessages.

@rogerjcarlson 

This definitely sounds like the dang chat features being accidently enabled. Are your chat bubbles dark blue instead of light blue? I have accidently done this 3 times already on my phone....follow @esjliv instructions on how to turn them off.

.. or deregister iMessage here?

https://selfsolve.apple.com/deregister-imessage/

Dunkman
Oracle
Oracle

@rogerjcarlson 

You can also try network reset of phone.

Also clear cache in your text messager app.  

Were you signed up with iPhone before with iMessage?  Might want to logout of iMessage then.  

@esjliv wrote:

@rogerjcarlson wrote:

Hello!  I just changed to Public Mobile from Virgin and have a Google Pixel 3a phone.  Previously I had no issues sending texts to friends regardless of whether they had an android phone or an iphone.  However, for some unknown reason, I can now only send texts to those with an android device whereas all texts sent to friends with iphones show as the texts were sent/delivered BUT my friends don't receive them nor can they send me a text using their iphone...not sure what is going on but getting very frustrated.  Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated, thanks and Happy New Year! Chris

@rogerjcarlson  - do you have Chat Features enabled? If so, turn this feature OFF.

1. Open Messages.
  2. Tap More options > Settings > Chat features.
  3. Turn Enable chat features off.

Yes I have had this issue as well and needed to make sure my messages were being sent MMS/SMS to certain users

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

@rogerjcarlson wrote:

@rogerjcarlson  - do you have Chat Features enabled? If so, turn this feature OFF.

1. Open Messages.
  2. Tap More options > Settings > Chat features.
  3. Turn Enable chat features off.

darkomega
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

That's a strange issue indeed, I believe I've seen a few others post about that issue a few times over the years, I'm sure someone here can give you the solution pretty quickly.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@rogerjcarlson 

you can try reseat the SIM card and Make sure your phone is off before removing your SIM card,

1. power off your device

2. take out the SIM card,

3. waiting a 1 minute,

4. put it back and power on,

5. toggling airplane mode off/on,  

and try manually selecting network "3G ONLY" or WCDMA only,

for iPhone visit Here link 

or Here link 

for android visit Here link ,

for iphone  go to Settings > Messages > To turn iMessage on or off, 

Turn your data on to send a Picture Messaging in world-wide,

if your data is off and your home internet Wi-Fi is on is not going through the Picture or a video messaging, 

you have to do this to going through you will need to turn your data on to send a Picture or a video messaging in world-wide,

make sure your Data is on.

and do Rebooting your phone ,This is quick and simple,to refreshing your network,

*what is meant by rebooting the device turn off and turn it back on.

Need Help? Let's chat.