cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

invalid sim

dad1
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Bought a new sim card and tried to add it under change your sim card.  Now it is invalid.  I followed the process to get agent to reset sim card and was brought here.  

I really don't want to buy a new sim card and have to create a new account with a new email.  

How can I reactivate sim card and add it to my profile all while keeping my number?

Thanks

10 REPLIES 10

dad1

new sim matches what is in account profile

HI @dad1 

did you go through Change SIM card like what was said in the post:

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Announcements/SIM-Swap-Fraud-2-factor-authentication/...

did you see similar screenshots?

Is your old SIM still working to receive the code?  Many will choose email to get the code because the old sim no longer there.

Yummy
Mayor / Maire

@dad1 wrote:

bought online.  I entered it in on profile to change sim card and followed process but it never worked so then i tried activating it and that is when I got invalid sim error message

HOW did you try to activate new SIM?

Based on what you said it looks like you managed to change SIM (despite error message) and now you are trying to 'activate' it and are getting errors. So it looks like SIM is active?

When you check your SIM in self-serving account which SIM numbers match your active SIM? Old or New?

@dad1 wrote:

bought online.  I entered it in on profile to change sim card and followed process but it never worked so then i tried activating it and that is when I got invalid sim error message

so now just want to see if I can get it working rather than order a new one

@dad1   do you remember if you picked get the 2FA code via text or email address?

Either way, I think you should open a ticket with PM Support to see if the SIM card change request was pending for the code and if the SIM card was already used

@dad1 wrote:

@dad1 

If you want to change SIM in your account, you do not want activate a new account.  You want to use the Change SIM card function in your self service account. When you tried to change SIM card function, did you get an error message?  Did you successfully complete the 2 factor authorization for SIM card change (either via text or email?)?

dad1

dad1

thanks --- will try that.

we got the new card --- entered it into change sim card - it was accepted but it doesn't work.  so now we are trying to get it to work -- i tried going through the activation process and that is when it said it was invalid.  

Dunkman
Oracle
Oracle

@dad1 

Where did you purchase SIM card? 

The website is finicky. Maybe try a different web browser, clear cache or incognito mode. 

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@dad1  So, you used "Change Sim Card" in My Account and it refused?   did you enter the 19 digits number?

What did you buy the SIM ? you certain it was never used before?

I suggest you to check with PM Support first.  If they confirm it was not a new sim card but you got it from store, go back and ask for an exchange.  

To open ticket with PM:

1. If you have access to My account: At https://publicmobile.ca/chatbot.

Start by typing "Submit a ticket", then click "Contact Us", Then click "Other", then click "Click here to submit a ticket ↗" 

2. If you don't have access to My Account or have trouble with Chatbot: Private message CS Agent at: 

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

**Monitor your Community inbox (envelope icon on the top right) after the ticket is opened.  CS Agent will reply you there

Yummy
Mayor / Maire

What number did you enter? SIM card might have different numbers so it might be confusing.

What error message do you get?

Need Help? Let's chat.