cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

incoming text treated as outgoing text

kiuncaleb
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I am using $10 plan including unlimited incoming text but when I check my usage all incoming texts are treated as outgoing text. Does someone know what happens? Thank you. 

13 REPLIES 13

Long ago, Telus use to do this for some types of premium text messages, and I believe for receiving a text message from the website gateway.  Even though the text messages were incoming, they would count towards your outgoing message count (incoming text messages were always unlimited back at that time). 

I wonder if this is a hold-over from the old Telus billing system.

@mimmo wrote:

@will13am  the $10 plan in unlimited incoming texts and 50 outgoing.  from previous discussions checking voicemail from phone used up minutes.

@kiuncaleb  where are you /how are you calculating the double usage?   ( I like william don't have this plan so not sure how sms are displayed) 

I would assume there a a line in the addon section that says x/50 sms sent and x/50 minutes used.  

There's only one plan with metered text.  I recognize the announcement said incoming text is unlimited.  The problem is that the usage meter does not track incoming and outgoing text separately.  In other words, the meter will count the first 50 text without consideration whether they were incoming it outgoing.  Once 50 is reached, outgoing text is disabled, incoming text is still allowed to flow.  I believe this is the issue in question and my assessment of process is what is happening in the background. 

kiuncaleb

Using iPhone 5s 

mimmo
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@kiuncaleb  what phone are you using?  I remember someone saying iphone will send out sms on their own in some sistuations (when setting up i think)  

edit: this was the post i was refering (half way down (search iphone) to: https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Announcements/Plan-updates-new-10-limited-talk-and-te...

kiuncaleb

Yes

LEGO
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

You will need to send a private message to a Moderator_Team, they will help you!
Here is the link: click here
In your message, please provide your name, Public Mobile phone number, and PIN.
Good luck!

Contact Support hours of operation:
Monday - Friday 9AM (EDT) - 9PM (EDT) Saturday - Sunday 9AM (EDT) - 7:30PM (EDT)

kiuncaleb

Yes but also mentioned unlimited incoming text. And I only received text not sending any but my usage said I sent messages. 

kiuncaleb

All incoming text in Canada. The plan describes unlimited incoming text and 50 outgoing text. 

kiuncaleb

Yes 

mimmo

@will13am  the $10 plan in unlimited incoming texts and 50 outgoing.  from previous discussions checking voicemail from phone used up minutes.

@kiuncaleb  where are you /how are you calculating the double usage?   ( I like william don't have this plan so not sure how sms are displayed) 

I would assume there a a line in the addon section that says x/50 sms sent and x/50 minutes used.  

LEGO
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@kiuncaleb Are we talking about International text here or text within Canada? Maybe there is a discrepancy in the plan description as will13am mentioned above. Woman Frustrated

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

I don't have a limited text plan.  I am quute certain that all plans have the same usage meter in which all incoming and outgoing text are being counted together.  I think the wording in the plan description is in error.  What is more likely to be the case is the plan has 50 incoming and outgoing text.  After these are consumed, outgoing text stops.  

@Brooke_C, please clarify.  Also confirm that voice message is also being counted in the minutes used.

mimmo

@kiuncaleb what do you mean are treaded as outgoing?

ie a text received is counts towards your 50sms /month sent? 

Need Help? Let's chat.