cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

incoming calls on the $10 plan

bj4ca
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I'm getting my mom this plan and it says 50 Canada wide talk but it doesn't say anything about incoming calls received. Would it be part of the 50 Canada wide minutes? Thanks.

3 REPLIES 3

kselmak
Mayor / Maire

@bj4ca wrote:

I'm getting my mom this plan and it says 50 Canada wide talk but it doesn't say anything about incoming calls received. Would it be part of the 50 Canada wide minutes? Thanks.

I got my mom that plan and then I switched her to$15

Only 5 more and you can call her any time (she can call you only 100 times though:) 

If she had a smartphone you can attempt to install textNow or fongo, just remember to limit the background data and remind her to switch off data after sending mms, then she'll have another Canadian number with unlimited calling to North America. My mom uses about 70m per month, only went out once cause she forgot to turn off data on her Samsung and it drinks data.

It's worth to upgrading I believe.

Unless she really doesn't use it but only  for emergencies, then just get the 5 add-on when it's needed not up-front, if she ever goes down to 10 mins she'll get notification and if it's not 3 days before new cycle don't even bother just monitor (she may forget to hang up, my mom did it once)

Cheers

PS. Don't forget your referral code, I heard the new signup page doesn't have it checked by default. If you do forget make sure you contact mods, they can help with that

geopublic
Mayor / Maire

@bj4ca wrote:

@bj4ca Yes, incoming will be part of the 50 minutes. Best as @wetcoaster mentioned to go with the $15 plan. ($13 if you enable AutoPay).

wetcoaster
Mayor / Maire

@bj4ca wrote:

The 50 minutes are for incoming and outgoing.

If you want unlimited incoming (as well as unlimited texts in and out) you have to go for the $15 plan.

An alternative would be buying the $5/500minutes add-on - the add-on minutes don't expire until used up. You'll still be stuck with 50 outgoing messages @160 or less characters, longer messages will count as two or more, depending on length) since Public Mobile doesn't have a Tex add-on.

Need Help? Let's chat.