cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

iPhone SE (1st Gen, 2016) Poor Reception

GT99
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I have an iPhone SE (1st Gen, 2016), the reception in my office is not good. Yes, I know, bricks and concrete and all that, however, my other colleagues on other networks (Rogers etc) have reception that is just fine.

Could it be Public's network? Could it be my phone?

I have already tried the following

1. Reboot phone
  2. Airplane mode on/off
  3. Reset network settings
  4. Insure phone updates installed

7 REPLIES 7

fixin1
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@GT99 - Maybe they are on 3G fallback? Usually 1 bar of 5G / LTE is 4 - 2 bars of 3G.

I have been going to a building that even going to the window where the cell tower is in line of sight it is still 1 bar, but when I leave it jumps up to 3-4 bars of 5G+.

GT99

Thanks - the iOS and Carrier Profile are up to date.

GT99

Thanks I will try that

The phone is set to 4G/LTE

BKNS27
Mayor / Maire

@GT99 

Test to see if it is your phone by putting your SIM in your coworker’s phone and check the reception.

If it is good then it probably is your phone.

If it is the same, contact a CS_Agent to investigate the issue.

BTW, it the phone set on 3G or 4G/LTE?

eddieO
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

Hey @GT99, do you have any colleagues/friends on the TELUS/Koodo network at the office to compare with? How is your reception in other areas outside of the office?

I was on Rogers up until last month and found my signal strength on the low side at my office but now with PM it's noticeably quicker. Not saying that it's better than Rogers but in my case I must have TELUS towers closer by than Rogers ones 

EB0
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

I don’t think it’s a phone issue, I have iPhone 6 (older than iPhone SE) as a backup phone, it’s working fine in my area, it’s possible to be Public mobile coverage in your area.

hTideGnow
Mayor / Maire

hi @GT99 

is your friend with better reception with Rogers using the same phone?

your phone is a bit old, so, it is normal that it might not work as well

But if your best reception is mainly about voice calls, dropped calls, then it is a widespread issue  here lately.  not sure what happened, but we think Public Mobile is on it and hopefully get that resolved soon

and you update your iOS? and you updated Carrier Profile?

Need Help? Let's chat.