cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

iPhone 15 Pro Max Nano Sim

Mhon
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I had a support chat session with the official Apple iMessage support ti finally get the "official" word on the iPhone 15 Pro Max having a physical tray for a physical Nano SIM, because i see a lot of conflicting info online about whether the iPhone 15 Pro Max has or does not have a physical tray for a Physical Nano SIM  and this is the "official " answer i got from Apple... can anyone please vouch for this answer, Please and Thank you! 

IMG_6373.png

14 REPLIES 14

Flameotter
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

@Phil_Adelphus 

So the main advantage of an E-Sim is getting it right away as opposed to waiting for delivery or getting it in a brick and motor location? Or having multiple sims?

hopefully Public Mobile will be able to eventually hammer out more details and allow more functionality. Transferring e-sims seems like a great convenience but having to start new each time can be a hassle.

Thanks.

@Flameotter  Correct, see:

https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/ab/get-help/articles/esim-faqs 

That's where a physical sim has an advantage.

Flameotter

@Phil_Adelphus I can't transfer my E-Sim to another device without purchasing another E-sim? Does it invalidate the previous E-sim? and if I want to transfer back I have to purchase another one?

I hope not, but I don't have much experience with E-sims.

@Flameotter  ". I have read mixed experiences with users transferring E-sims back and forth regularly"

On some carriers, including PM, you can't transfer an e-sim, you have to buy a new one each time you change phones.

Flameotter

@Mhon Thank you so grateful that you started this thread.

I probably should have checked before going ahead and acquiring a iPhone 15 Pro or Pro Max.

Not sure how smooth people have been with SIM cards, I know I have been glad that I have had the ability to switch back and forth easily when a phone is damaged our out of service. I have read mixed experiences with users transferring E-sims back and forth regularly

Check out this from the Apple website, scroll down just past the built-in apps section 

https://www.apple.com/ca/iphone-15-pro/specs/ 

BKNS27
Mayor / Maire

@Mhon 

Yes, the Canadian version iPhone 14 & 15 will have the SIM and eSIM.

The American version will have dual eSIM. The Chinese version will have dual SIMs and eSIM.

Mhon

Thank you! 

Mhon

Yes, i mentioned that i was referring to the Canadian IPhone 

Thank you! 

IMG_6374.png

JRod
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@Mhon 

I can confirm. I got the iPhone 15 Pro Max on launch day and it does indeed have a physical SIM card tray along with eSIM capability. I believe it’s only the US models that are ESIM only.

It's stated in the tech specs on the Canadian Apple Store that it is nano and e-sim

Mhon

Yes, advised them that I was inquiring about the Canadian phones, Thank you! 

Phil_Adelphus
Mayor / Maire

Did they know you were in Canada?  Canadian version has nano sim and e-sim.

Camera4617
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

Only USA version is eSim only ,rest of them have physical sim + eSim

Need Help? Let's chat.