cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

iPhone 14 will be e-SIM only in the USA. Will Public Mobile be selling a physical SIM variant?

Poogzley
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

During the Keynote today Apple announced that all iPhones sold in the USA will be e-SIM only.

Looking at the Canadian Apple website it only shows the e-SIM variant for pre-order, I also confirmed this via chat with a live agent.

Do you think it will be likely that Public Mobile themselves will sell a variant version of the iPhone 14 with a physical SIM or should I start shopping for a new mobile provider?

12 REPLIES 12

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@Poogzley   Look like we don't have to worry about the lack of eSim support with PM for now..

https://www.iphoneincanada.ca/news/iphone-14-and-iphone-14-pro-in-canada-still-have-sim-trays-unlike...

@Timer wrote:

iPhone 14 release date in canada September-14-2022,, the iPhone 14 Pro//Pro Max are not compatible with existing micro‑SIM cards.
but it's will be support nano‑SIM.

Apple hasn't release a new device that uses micro sim cards for several years. This isn't uniquie to variants of iPhone 14.

@Poogzley wrote:

During the Keynote today Apple announced that all iPhones sold in the USA will be e-SIM only.

Looking at the Canadian Apple website it only shows the e-SIM variant for pre-order, I also confirmed this via chat with a live agent.

Do you think it will be likely that Public Mobile themselves will sell a variant version of the iPhone 14 with a physical SIM or should I start shopping for a new mobile provider?

Public Mobile only sells used CPO phones.  If you're looking for a brand new device, you're going to have to source it from another channel.

Timer
Mayor / Maire

@Poogzley 

PM not support eSIM,

iPhone 14 release date in canada September-14-2022,, the iPhone 14 Pro//Pro Max are not compatible with existing micro‑SIM cards.
but it's will be support nano‑SIM.

iPhone 14 and iPhone 14 Plus - Specifications - Apple (CA)

iPhone 14 Pro and iPhone 14 Pro Max - Apple (CA)

popping
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

It may be the time for PM to support eSIM.

It will be cheaper and faster to ship eSIM by email without waiting for up to 2 weeks for the SIM card.

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

Being a budget brand, I don't see Public Mobile selling an iPhone 14 for some time and by then physical SIMs might be a thing of the past.

loci
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I so hope too, otherwise my cat will gain $1500+ in his funds.

dust2dust
Mayor / Maire

@RossN- Oh you're right. I looked at Apple US earlier.

https://www.apple.com/ca/iphone-14-pro/specs/

Poogzley

That or the big 3 that support e-sim will gain more clients...

Poogzley

I hope your agent is right and that mine was wrong...

RossN
Mayor / Maire

@Poogzley that is in the USA, unless they want to lose a lot of business in Canada they will still need to sell a phone with a physical sim here 

loci
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

That's weird my live chat agent said the Canadian model has Duel Sim Support (nano-sim and eSim).

Need Help? Let's chat.