cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

iPHone Visual Voicemail

brighammer
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I'm aware that PM doesn' support visual voicemail yet however the problem I have is as follows:

I was with Telus and had visual voicemail, switched over to PM and now there is no notification (red dot on phone icon) of new voicemail and must press 1 on the pad to get to voicemail.  Apple says it's not their problem.  The only thing I can think to get the voicemail working properly is to switch back to Telus, have them deactivate the visual voicemail and then come back to PM.?

Thoughts on how to get normail voicemail working on the iPhone?

Thanks.

9 REPLIES 9

ajkm
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Ok, so here's another (and far easier, imho) "solution".

YouMail is a free voicemail app for iphone (and also on Google Play store).

https://www.youmail.com/

Just set up and it works perfectly. Here's the process:

1. Set up a free YouMail account. It will give you a 10-digit forwarding number (you can pay to have the same as your actual phone number, but I don't see that there's a ton of worth in doing that as only you and PM know what it is). You need to select Telus Mobility as the carrier.

2. Download the app to the iPhone.

3. Login to the app and check that the 10-digit forwarder number is correct (or enter it).

4. In iPhone Settings – Phone, make sure Call Forwarding is *off*.

5. Set up the forwarding conditions:

a) Forwarding if BusyDial * 67*, followed by the 10-digit number YouMail provided, then #

b) Forwarding if Not ReachableDial * 62*, followed by the 10-digit number YouMail provided, then #

c) Forwarding if No Reply (or Rejected)Dial * 61*, followed by the 10-digit number YouMail provided, then #

d) Forwarding All CallsDial * 21*, followed by the 10-digit number YouMail provided, then #

6. For voicemail greeting: In the app, Settings – Greetings – + (or use one of the pre-recorded versions, one of which is very funny!)

The YouMail app will show the usual selection of Notifications - Banners, Sounds/Vibrations/Badges (per iPhone Settings – Notifications) and opening the app gives you a text transcription of the voicemail plus the recorded voicemail itself (at the bottom of the window).

So far, it seems to work just fine, though sorting out the major issue of the iPhone native voicemail bug would be a far better option.

Hope that helps someone!

Solution moved to most helpful post.

>>> ALERT: I am not a CSA. Je ne suis pas un Agent du soutien à la clientèle.

brighammer

So after a lengthy saga of messages with moderators and an actual phone call from a tech with PM the only way to deal with the remnants of Visual Voicemail are as follows:

-  Have it cancelled before migrating to a new carrier that doesn't support Visual Voicemail and ensure that the normal voicemail works properly.

-  Reset the phone to original factory specs losing everything and reinstalling everything from scratch, not restoring it.

-  Phone Apple support at 1-800-263-3394 and they may be able to work through a fix.

Luddite
Oracle
Oracle

I have an iPhone. Missed calls (which go to voicemail) shows as a dot on the phone ikon and as a notice on the lock screen. Pressing the phone ikon shows voicemail with a dot.

So, if you have none of those play with your phone settings. When I look at Phone Settings my PM number shows and I have call waiting ON.

In Notifications >> Phone: Allow Notifications is ON, all Alerts are ON, Badges ON, Show Previews Always.

Hope it helps.

>>> ALERT: I am not a CSA. Je ne suis pas un Agent du soutien à la clientèle.

geopublic
Mayor / Maire

@brighammer  Try entering the disable codes from this article to see if any of them will work:

https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/bc/get-help/articles/call-forwarding

If not, then best to submit a ticket and maybe the Moderator Team will be able to disable it for you since it was setup by Telus.

To submit a ticket to Public Mobile click here. Login to your community account and select your issue. The ticket will be received by the moderator team and they will respond to it. You will receive the response in your private message inbox.

Moderators are available: M-F from 8 AM to midnight Eastern time and S-S from 8 AM to 10 PM Eastern time.

Note: Moderator Hours are subject to change, but you can always find the current times here

Please note that account verification may be required when contacting the Moderator Team

GinYVR
Mayor / Maire

@brighammerI would suggest backup and reset your iPhone. Moving from 1 provider to another can cause issues like this. Try it with a blank iPhone to see if the issue persists.

Depending on your iPhone model it might benefit to upgrade your iOS I noticed the Public Mobile carrier profile has been updated to 38.0 from 36.0.1 since summer.

brighammer

I forgot to mention that I reset the Network settings but there was no change, it's actually my wife's phone and if I restore it from default I may lose precious parts of my body.

Check your settings related to this post from @geopublic or have you already done this?

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Phones-Hardware/Need-help-with-iPhone-voicemail-indic...

luke11992
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

I'm unsure if this will solve it, but perhaps resetting the iPhone's settings may help.

Need Help? Let's chat.