cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

iMessage and text messages not working

Madison10
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hi,

I just activated a new eSIM and ported my number over to Public.  The number transferred and I can make phone calls and use my data.  But when I try to add my phone number to my Apple ID so I can receive and send iMessages it says verification unsuccessful.  And I can’t receive or sent any text messages either.  

I have restarted my phone turned iMessage off and on.  Is there anything I can do to fix this.  I have messaged support but they are very slow to respond and it’s been almost 24 hours with no texting.  

thanks 

19 REPLIES 19

Thamyanderson97
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

im also facing the same issue,can you guide me please ?

Madison10

So just go to setting and phone and make sure your phone number has the 1 in front 

Madison10

Yes it was an easy fix for me.  I just had to go to settings then phone and put a 1 in front of my phone number 

Amyhanson

were you able to figure this out? i am having the same issue 

TheDos

Same problem here. Transfered my number with public mobile yesterday with an esim and sms does not work today. Sms worked yesterday but I had the old sim still present. I removed it this morning and problems started. Iphonw indicates verification for my number and it start with +1

hi @Jennifernoyes if you can receive text from friends , it is an Apple issue not PM, please push Apple to investigate 

Madison10

Were you able to figure yours out?

Jennifernoyes

No both Apple and PM are working on it. 

Madison10

And it didn’t work?  Did you get it figured out?

Jennifernoyes

Yes 

Madison10

Did you try putting a 1 in front of your number under the settings and phone 

Jennifernoyes

I have a call with Apple at 9pm I will let you know what they say. But I think it’s a PM issue. 

Madison10

Go to settings then phone and add a 1 under add my phone number.  It worked for me. 

Madison10

Ok so I got mine to work all I had to do was go to settings then phone and add my phone number then I put a 1 in front of my number and it worked! I just needed to put the 1. 

Madison10

I submitted another ticket but I think they are closed now.  And I can’t even go get a new plan because without being able to send or receive sms I can’t port my number 

Madison10

apple support won’t be able to help because I can’t send or receive text messages.  It’s not really an iMessage issue.  Without being able to send or receive sms you can’t set up iMessage. 

fixin
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@Madison10 - Please try contact Apple Support if CS_Agent doesn't resolve the issue - could be an issue on Apple's end.

https://support.apple.com/en-ca/contact

Handy1
Mayor / Maire

@Madison10  24 hours is to long 

submit another ticket with support . using the chat bubble bottom right of screen 

Handy1_0-1712454357558.jpeg

If that doesn’t work you can always send private message to support .

send  a  private message   To CS_Agents

⬇️⬇️⬇️⬇️⬇️Link below ⬇️⬇️⬇️⬇️⬇️

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

Isra_romeC22

I have the same problem. Let me know if you have resolved the problem. 

Need Help? Let's chat.