cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

i have self service account, till today my number was messed up/taken away from previous carrier

cgzhao
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

so re-porting in to PM started over again. and i can temporarily place call but not receive it, utill my port in finished  

I was given a new account number, but how to register again(the previous account was not valid ),there is no option without new activation.

thank you.

11 REPLIES 11

cgzhao

my number was claimed back to fongo after a month failed porting. how to authorize a void landline without SIM/Text? thanks

Chrissyrioux12
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Have  you tried signing in with a desktop or laptop I cannot sign into my fil account unless it’s from a desktop 

cgzhao

the fongo number i believe is active, every call now goes to my email voice mail

how to avoid this failed porting thingy? thanks

Sounds like a failed port @cgzhao , sorry to hear it.

You will need to activate the Fongo number (if you still can) to port it to Public.

Otherwise, like you said, you can get a new number with Public. 

cgzhao

no success either way, i was checked with Telus and PM more than 5 times that my porting is complete , but fongo always says not complete and cancelled today. so I lost PM service today and no access to my account. very frustrated with Fongo , telus started over again for me to re port out. dont know how long this time going to be, if not, i am going to get a brand new number, thanks 

cgzhao

very long story LOL, we have another post on community.

we ported out fongo home phone on the 5th, started to use PM on the 9th,all good since till today. during the past month, when I ask fongo to delete my account, fongo said my porting out is not complete and was cacelled by telus. so today, this number went back to fongo(how do they know my PM account#)

Telus porting team gave me another new account number on same SIM, they are porting out for me again. really dont know how long this time going to be? meanwhile today, i lost access to my account self service, not sure how to get back online service, ticket opened. thanks for caring.

Did you receive the porting number in your inbox @cgzhao , i can send it to you check your envelope.

But, when you say "my number was messed up/taken away from previous carrier" what do you mean by that?

How long ago did your port over to public mobile?

Can you call your number to see if the number was assigned to someone else? If so, that number is gone.

If the port did not complete in time and your old phone is reassigned and account deactivated, I believe you will need to change your number in your My Account and have a new number.

Otherwise, if your previous account is still ACTIVE and the number still available to port, check your messages inbox at the top right corner of the community page.

cgzhao

i dont have porting team number handy, maybe you gave to me last time, thanks

@cgzhao 

Try logging into your account using a browser in incognito or private mode instead.

If you know the email address and password you used during your activation.

If your account was not completely finished before,  during your activation you'll have to get a Customer Support Agent to get help with that.

cgzhao

thank you, i have contacted them already. but i couldnot get into self serve.i opened a ticket, but any chance  you know how to resume my account, thanks

Quigley
Mayor / Maire

@cgzhao 

Check your mailbox.

I'll send you a phone number to call about your port request.

Need Help? Let's chat.