Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

i cannot retrieve voicemail messages

SheilaHerrmann
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

13 REPLIES 13

@SheilaHerrmann 

Do you get the same error if you call one of the access numbers directly like +17785804001 vs just longpress of 1?

If the direct number works, press * when your greeting plays.

SheilaHerrmann

When I call my voicemail I get no response, no dial tone, nothing. Eventually an “unknown error “ message pops up 

@SheilaHerrmann wrote:

I thought I did. I get my own voice when I call in from another phone. I can leave a message but get error message when I want to retrieve messages

@SheilaHerrmann So when you call yourself and your greeting starts and you immediately press the * you get an error message?

SheilaHerrmann

I thought I did. I get my own voice when I call in from another phone. I can leave a message but get error message when I want to retrieve messages

Nezgar
Mayor / Maire

@SheilaHerrmann 

If you ever want to access your voicemail from another line without ringing your own mobile number, here is a list of the known local access numbers across Canada:

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Using-Your-Service/Updated-list-of-Voicemail-Access-N...

@SheilaHerrmann wrote:

When I try to retrieve a message I get “unknown error” message. 

@SheilaHerrmann 

Then it looks like that your voicemail was not set up properly.  Did you set up the voicemail when you first activated your account?

SheilaHerrmann

When I try to retrieve a message I get “unknown error” message. 

@SheilaHerrmann wrote:

When I call from another phone I can hear my answer, but I can’t retrieve messages. When I hit ‘voicemail’ , it doesn’t react, no sound, no nothing 

@SheilaHerrmann You need to press the    *      key when you hear your greeting, then follow the prompts.

@SheilaHerrmann wrote:

When I call from another phone I can hear my answer, but I can’t retrieve messages. When I hit ‘voicemail’ , it doesn’t react, no sound, no nothing 

@SheilaHerrmann 

If you are calling from another phone, press  * .  Then it will ask for your voicemail password.  

https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/bc/get-help/articles/check-your-voicemail-messages

Anonymous
Not applicable

@SheilaHerrmann : When your recording starts press the * key and then follow the prompts.

It sounds like your voicemail access number is not set properly in your phone. Pressing and holding the 1 key is the most common method to connect to voicemail. But the number needs to be something like +17785804001 or one of many across the country.

SheilaHerrmann

kb_mv
Mayor / Maire

@SheilaHerrmann You can't dial into it? You can't set it up? You forgot the Pin? You can call your number from another phone, when it does to voicemail press * and follow the prompts.

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

Hi @SheilaHerrmann ,

Try holding down the "1" on your phone dialer to call your voicemail.

Help article: https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/bc/get-help/articles/set-up-voicemail

Need Help? Let's chat.