cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

how to transfer a mobile phon number from fido to publice?

holden2021
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

8 REPLIES 8

Spudster
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@holden2021 

Here's the Public Mobile article on porting and changing your number:

Porting & Changing your Number

holden2021

@JK8 wrote:

@holden2021 wrote:

if it feels inappropriate after a period of time ,can i transfer it back or transfer to another company ? thank you

Yes, you can port your number out to another carrier if you no longer want to stay with PM. Just make sure your PM account is active when you decide to port your number out.

@holden2021 

Also take note that if/when you port out from Public Mobile, you will not be providded with any refund.

@holden2021 wrote:

if it feels inappropriate after a period of time ,can i transfer it back or transfer to another company ? thank you

@holden2021 you can port the Fido number to Public Mobile for as little or long as you like.

If you ever want to port that Fido (now Public Mobile) number out again just port it to the new provider.

Remember you should always be porting Activate accounts/phone numbers. In most cases you may likely need to receive a text to approve the port from the provider the phone number is currently with.

@holden2021 wrote:

Yes, you can port your number out to another carrier if you no longer want to stay with PM. Just make sure your PM account is active when you decide to port your number out.

holden2021

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

@holden2021 

OR, if you are already a Public Mobile customer you can do this in your SELF SERVE account under 'Change Number' (found under the "My Profile" section).

esjliv_0-1616896364318.png

OR request this through a Moderator.

To contact the Public Mobile Moderator_Team, there are two ways to reach them:

1 -  Faster Method - Click the bubble comment circle on the bottom right hand side of your screen, or use this link to: Get Help With SIMon the Public Mobile chatbot

OR

2 – Slower Method - Use this link to:

Private Message to Public Mobile Moderators (PM Customer Service Representatives)

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

Hello @holden2021 ,

Simply obtain a Public Mobile SIM card, then activate it online here: https://publicmobile.ca/en/bc/portal/activation

You can port your Fido number during the activation process.

Need Help? Let's chat.