cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

how to make my number unknown when I am calling someone

melazabb
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hello Team ,

How can I change I change my number to unknown when I am calling someone that I don’t want to know my number.

Regards 

Mo

5 REPLIES 5

@Wayworn wrote:

I have an iPhone and have disabled the "Show my caller id" ---- this works and when I make voice calls the recipient sees "unknown caller".  HOWEVER when I text it displays my phone number. Any suggestions how to also hide my number from texts?

Great question. I am thinking that laws set out by Government bodies only protect a person's animality by making calls. I do not believe that text messages are covered under this law. I saw this years ago but can't remember the legal definitions. 

I tried Googling when #31# (mobile phones) or *67 (landlines) was introduced but Google isn't helping me. LOL.

I haven't tried this but...   you can test this theory if you want to try. When texting someone for the first time, enter #31# and then the area code and then number. See if that works. I'm too lazy to try myself as I just made my first cup of coffee for the day. LOL

Wayworn
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

I have an iPhone and have disabled the "Show my caller id" ---- this works and when I make voice calls the recipient sees "unknown caller".  HOWEVER when I text it displays my phone number. Any suggestions how to also hide my number from texts?

PS - I think that just maybe my number is shown because persons I text usually have my number and I theirs in the phones phone book. 

Chalupa_Batman
Mayor / Maire

Hey @melazabb 

@will13am is correct. Depending on what phone you have, it may be built into the system. For example:

If you have an iPhone, go into Settings, Scroll down to Phone, then Scroll down to "Show My Caller ID", click on it and turn the toggle from green to grey. There you go. Your phone number is now blocked.

If you have an Android, this part can be tricky as almost everyone phone that uses Android, has their own set up on how to block your number from showing up. You may need to Google your phone on how to block it.

Hope this helps.

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

@melazabb , what phone are you using.  I think for iPhone the setting is to turn off caller ID on the phone app.  For android there is also a call ID option that can be turned off.  Depending on brand, that setting may be location in different parts of the settings menu.  

Phil_Adelphus
Mayor / Maire

@melazabb   Enter #31# before dialing the number, from Public Mobile instructions here:

https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/on/get-help/articles/call-display-and-call-blocking 

Need Help? Let's chat.