cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

how to change the 4 digit account pin to calling 611 ?

Rabbi
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

one of my freinds (hi is not having right now a coomunty account) lost his 4 digit account pin to call in 611 (he is wont to call to buy addon) he wont to reset the pin

39 REPLIES 39

@Ash1949 wrote:

I have lost my account pin. How do I reset

Hello,

The messsage immedaitely before yours explains how to do this.

Ash1949
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I have lost my account pin. How do I reset

srlawren
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@Syd0401 wrote:

Need help resetting 4 digit pin for 611 call

Hi @Syd0401, you already got an answer on Monday from @matbasm.  Since you're asking the same quesiton, I'm going to give you the same answer, but this time with additional details.

The way you can reset your PIN is by contacting the moderator team.  Here is what you will need to know to do that:

How can you get help with your account, activation, or service?

In your message please include any 3 of the following:

• Complete mailing address, Email address, Alternate phone number, Date of birth, Last top up date & amount
  • Details of your issue (such as you would like to reset your PIN to ____ )

How long until they reply?:

• Office Hours: Mon-Friday 9am to 9pm, and Saturday & Sunday from 9am to 7:30pm [Toronto Time].
  • Messages are replied to during office hours, in the order in which they are received
  • Typical response time is between 1-3 hours, depending on message queue, but can be up to 48 hours.
  • There is no need to send multiple messages.

How can I view my private messages between myself and a Community Moderator?

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

Syd0401

Need help resetting 4 digit pin for 611 call

Syd0401

Need help resetting my 4 digit pin to call 611

matbasm
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@Syd0401, I think you need to get in touch with the moderators (via private message) to change your PIN - unless you are a legacy customer and have access to telephone support).

Click here to send the moderators team a private message. Moderators' hours of operation are M-F 9AM-9PM(EST) & S/S 9AM-7:30PM(EST)
Information regarding the moderators team can be found by following this link.

Syd0401

Need help resetting 4 digit pin

@srlawren I was under the impression an Oracle also can solve complex math problems, move couches, and resuce cats from trees Cat Wink

Just a matter of which Oracle stands on which Oracle's shoulders

srlawren

@kav2001c FYI, Oracles definitely cannot see anyone's IP address.  Oracles really have very few community powers beyond a regular customer.  In particular, they have no access to any infromation about another community member that regular community members can't see, such as any personal info, account info, IP adress, etc.  They can edit posts when someone posts personal info (against the community guidelines), and they can move posts into new threads to give better visibility when someone replies to a long dormant thread asking for help, or merge threads when someone posts the same request for help in several places causing confusion for people responding.  To the best of my recollection, that's it for extra abilities. 

@mimmo I agree with @Luddite, just keep doing what you're doing.

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

@Mary_M. Just a point of clarification does this now mean I have to create separate community  accounts for the accounts I manage ( mom, dad sister, wife and a couple friends) if I require assistance?    

@mimmo Relax. Just keep doing whatever you are doing. 

>>> ALERT: I am not a CSA. Je ne suis pas un Agent du soutien à la clientèle.

@mimmo hey I am 99% sure the collecting pop bottles and shopping cart returns was *my* original idea Cat Tongue

But yes many have said it since (it really popped up after first influx of promo plans)

In the old days it would have been way too suspicious since same 20 to 30 users always had same rankings month after month

Our league has been watered down by expansion Cat LOL as the value of a single bravo today is worth far less than it was even a year ago

But you can see it in results where people on boards less than a quarter rack up more bravos than anyone dreamed possible in a year+ in old days

re VPN lol way too much effort; even your local mall will have at least a dozen WiFi spots just walk past Starbucks, Tims, McD, and all the other stores with phone if you REALLY wanted to bother. Plus since public IP far more likely to have overlap hence no suspicion of gaming system. A VPN would be very suspicious I would think if Mods needed to look into an account.

re Voldemort (aka he who must not be named) infighting with a spammer (who knows what he is) is worth even less time than pumping our own stats up no worries. It makes me laugh at the foolishness of the newbies as it always comes in waves. I've been here since the very beginning CDMA days.

mimmo

@kav2001c

I guess we read @Mary_M post differently, that is why I asked for some clarification.

As for people wanting to try and game the system for $2-4 I would say go ahead fill your boots. As one of the oracles once said collecting pop bottles would be a quicker/ better way to make some money to pay the phone bill.

If I were trying to game the system I would give bravos to all the oracles a few top posters and my friends. And of course use a VPN.  Its just too much effort.

I would just ignore the user and carry on enjoy others out. That is what I am doing based on a thread I was involved with yesterday.

@mimmo I read Marys comment the other way; that someone had tried to access someone else's account (not his own) 

IP address are visible to mods (& I think Oracles)

That was how someone got busted 

You can only see your own personal IP unless it has become an issue that mods are looking at (then it becomes discussion)

There's another brand new account now in this thread as well

It also is *highly* suspicious the number of new accounts that follow certain users around and discuss same issues

mimmo

@agpub wrote:

How to change the 4 digit pin?

@agpub message the moderators with you request and validation info:

Alternate phone number birthday address etc...

Contact the Moderator_Team by clicking here.

In your message include:
- account email address , pin number if possible
- PM phone number
- explanation of what is happening or a link to this thread

agpub
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

How to change the 4 digit pin?

mimmo

@kav2001c. My question was to Marys point implying you need a unique community account per public mobile line in order to get help. 

Agreed on writing styles etc.. But   How/where do you see the IP address of a user?  I looked but could not find it.

@imm1304 lol do not even bother responding to the troll attempts

In this very thread, we have 3 BRAND NEW accounts all registered in past week, all talking the exact same way, all using same IP address, and all giving each other bravos lol

Rabbi & his imaginary freinds have way too much time on their hands, most of his personalities have been calling out Oracles, Mods, Legends, and long term posters

@ShawnC13 another thread to check out lol Cat LOL

@mimmo there will always be some IP overlap (eg brothers, husband & wife, people living in same condo etc) but you can tell from writing styles when 2 people are really 1 person

mimmo

@Mary_M wrote:

Hello @Rabbi,

To clarify, every user requires their own community account for security purposes. Before accessing an account, we need to thoroughly validate the customer's account therefor please ask your friend to send us a private message through his community account - no phone number is required, simply an email address

Please advise your friend to send us a message through his own community account.

Mary

@Mary_M. Just a point of clarification does this now mean I have to create separate community  accounts for the accounts I manage ( mom, dad sister, wife and a couple friends) if I require assistance?    

Rabbi

thanks @imm1304

by the end what @kav2001c open a topic  to take avey brovo from me

did the mod not take avey from me

bechuse its a other account

imm1304

@Rabbi, please follow the instructions and guidance provided by @Mary_M and focus on solutions.  Dont bring a dead argument back to life and don't pretend to be a victim of some unfair rule being forced on you.  

I am not going to waste my time reading what argument you had with @kav2001c.  Kav has a long history of helping others and participating in a lot of good disucssions. So just make peace with him and move on. Never-ending arguments over this topic is pointless.  The community guidelines are fair and basic, you should have no trouble acting within these guidelines.  

public-mobile

thanks 

Mary_M
Retraité / Retired
Retraité / Retired

Not a problem @public-mobile,

have a nice day.

Mary

** Please do not post private info such as: phone number, account number, pin etc.. This is a public forum. **

public-mobile

how @Mary_M thanks for your repply

my freind @Rabbi tell my that you are wating for my prvt msg 

but i don't have time now

i will come a other day or latter in the day

thanks

Rabbi

thanks @imm1304

but the prablom that i have with @kav2001c that he run after all how bravo me even its a other email addrees,

i just ask persnel from @public-mobile to not give more bravos to not have a prablom from @kav2001c

Mary_M
Retraité / Retired
Retraité / Retired

Hello @Rabbi,

To clarify, every user requires their own community account for security purposes. Before accessing an account, we need to thoroughly validate the customer's account therefor please ask your friend to send us a private message through his community account - no phone number is required, simply an email address.

Also, using the same IP address does not necessarily mean that 1 person has multiple accounts- although it can be a possibility. Nevertheless, us moderators monitor everything therefor if we suspect something, we will take the necessary precautions and act immediately. 

Please advise your friend to send us a message through his own community account.

I also suggest taking a look at our community guidelines, to ensure that they are being respected at all times.

Kind regards,

Mary

** Please do not post private info such as: phone number, account number, pin etc.. This is a public forum. **

imm1304

Hi @Rabbi,

Lets clarify one thing:  This forum is open to everyone, including your friends. 

No one, including @kav2001c, has ever told you that your friends are not allowed to come here to get help. 

You had a problem about violating the community rules where your friends were coming online to bravo everything you posted and they were all logging in from the same internet connection (IP address) using very similar email addresses on each account.  One of the mods, @Mary_M, confirmed this and communicated with you. Its Mary's job to tell you when you appear to be breaking the rules.  I guarantee you that nowhere in her communication did she mention anything about your friends being banned from joining this community.   

Its easy to get carried away and make a mistake sometimes, especially when you are new to the forum.  Quite frankly, its pointless to argue about this, its better you move on and remember that the rules are in place and not to be broken. 

Your personal account is not banned or being restricted from posting in the forums.

You are accessing the forum and have continued to post freely in the forum.  So, this is proof that despite the recent incident, you are still welcome here.    

public-mobile

Rabbi

welcom to the coomunty @public-mobile

mimmo

Sorry late to the conversation but what rule of the community.

The only rule i know of is one community account per person.   Doesn't matter where they live or log in from.

You friend can have a community account but only they should have access to it no one else.

public-mobile

hi @JDT @mimmo thanks for helping me on behalfe my freind @Rabbi 

thanks

Need Help? Let's chat.