cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

how do I start the public mobile plan on my phone

MyPro
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I registered for the plan and made the payment of $40 + tax with e-sim.

I downloaded the public mobile app, I selected the phone number but it throws an error saying cannot install e-sim.

I have tried over 20 times now. Can I get some help !!!

A paying customer

6 REPLIES 6

BKNS27
Mayor / Maire

@MyPro 

What is the make and model of your phone? We can check to see if it is eSIM compatible.

A CS_Agent can also check for you.

MyPro

ok, thanks. I have message the CS team. Waiting on their response.

@MyPro wrote:

Hi,

That is the issue. I never received a QR code or a welcome email. I just received a transaction on my credit card for the payment.

HI @MyPro  I think you didn't reach the end of the activation and hence no QR code nor welcome email

you can try to uninstall app, then delete browser cache (as the app uses the browser to login), then reinstall the app and try once more

If same, please submit a ticket with CS Agent here:
       https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

JRod
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@MyPro 

Message customer service using the link I provided and they will be able to get you a new QR code so you can manually add the eSIM.

Just remember to ensure the eSIM is enabled after it’s added and make sure it’s the only SIM active and then reboot your device. 

MyPro

Hi,

That is the issue. I never received a QR code or a welcome email. I just received a transaction on my credit card for the payment.

JRod
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@MyPro 

If you check your email you should have received a QR code within a welcome email that you can use to manually install the eSIM.

If you don’t have this email with a QR code you will have to reach out to customer service so they can re-issue you one. 

Please click this link below to message customer service:

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

Keep an eye on your mailbox here as that is where your reply will come in (envelope icon on desktop, click your avatar icon in the corner and then click messages if on mobile).

Need Help? Let's chat.