Did you mean: 

how do I help others and get rewards?

Thea369
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

How can I help

15 REPLIES 15

A-L
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Is it becoming easier or harder to earn rewards now in 2024?

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@Albertog 

Well who doesn't like to save money? When pm says rewards can reduce your phone bill to $0 it is true....I have two of them. The best way to do that is by taking advantage of all of the rewards that pm offers. Every $1 adds up! Autopay of course is easy, so is loyalty it just takes time. I always say referral rewards and community rewards work hand in hand.

Earn community rewards by learning, asking questions, using the search bar, post , bravo and assign solutions to your questions when you start your own thread. As you do this and learn how pm works, how to manage your service and self serve account you too will gain the knowledge and confidence to help others but more importantly you can refer others because you will be able to answer their questions, dispel any myths, promote a flash sale and help your referrals activate their sim card, set up their community and self serve accounts, explain how to get help and when they need to contact customer vs asking for help from the community.

Referrals are your bread and butter but it takes some time to build them up so earning $1 or $2 or maybe even $5 in community rewards when you first start in the community and over the next year can really help reduce your bill. If you like learning and then helping then you will enjoy your time here and the community reward is a nice little bonus. Then as your referrals rewards slowly grow and your loyalty rewards begin to be added you can decide how much time you have to really spend here.

But if you want an idea of the hard numbers here is a couple of threads you can read for your own curiosity.

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Get-Support/Community-Rewards-Allocation/m-p/578760#M...

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Get-Support/Community-rewards/td-p/468242

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Get-Support/community-rewards/td-p/483897

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Get-Support/How-do-I-get-rewards-I-m-community/td-p/5...

You may also find the Top Contributors threads of May, June, July  2021 and the same period from 2020 interesting reads.

As I was perusing I gathered the dwindling community rewards from October 2020 to October 2021 (the last month any official stats came from pm) quite interesting stats. In the following order:

# of: Oracle's, Top 1%, Top 5%, Top 10% and solutions given per month.

1. October 2020:       5/2/8/10       466
  2. November 2020:   5/2/7/8         452
  3. December 2020:   5/4/14/17     696
  4. January 2021:       9/3/10/13     541
  5. February 2021:      9/3/9/12       315
  6. March 2021:          9/3/8/10       365
  7. April 2021:             9/3/8/10       385
  8. May 2021:             9/2/6/8          325
  9. June 2021:            9/2/7/8          332
  10. July 2021:              9/2/6/8         342
  11. August 2021:        9/2/6/8         455
  12. September 2021: 9/2/7/8         463
  13. October 2021:      9/2/6/7         359

To contact customer support click below:

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

To pre-verify your account include your full name, address, email, phone # and 4 digit acct pin #.

@Albertog   Lol... 😊 

As mentioned earlier don't do it for the money, it's not worthwhile.  However, if you enjoy sharing your knowledge or just have a relevant comment to share, then it's a good way to while away some spare time.  edit: of course, perhaps earn a dollar or more in the process..

@Albertog wrote:

Can you please explain a bit more about your sentence "The lower rewards, top 25 and 50 % are easier to get ." ?  What do you mean the lower rewards?  What are the top 25 and 50% and what does that mean?

Hi @Albertog 

I think if you spend  5 mins  a day for once  or twice a week,  try to help others by replying  3- 5 questions in those days every week.  If the replies are helpful, you will also earn some bravos.   That could likely get you $2 saving easily.  There is really no set number of replies or time needed for the earning.  It is a secret formula, and it varies depends on how many participate and how many question asked, 

Yes, the critical part is good replies and not just random copy and paste from knowledge base.  

But for $5 or more, you will have to be more dedicated.  

Again, it is the fun and satisfaction for helping others and not really the reward.  If you need the money, you probably earn A LOT more by getting an easy part time job  LoL

Albertog

Thank you for the link!  That break down for the community rewards is what I was looking for.  I don't like it when companies/advertisement claim "up to" but then do not specify what that means....

As to the comment that this thread is 2 years old:
Well, I found it (it was one of the first results when I searched), and it helped me, so the age of the thread is irrelevant.  It's like saying "You know that today is Wednesday, right?"  to which I would respond with "Yes, and?" or "Wait, what?! I must get back.... to the future!"

@Albertog   You know this thread is almost two years old?  

If you're interested in learning more about PM's rewards here is a link:  https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/bc/get-help/articles/reward-rules

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Albertog : The Community rewards are $1, $2, $5, $10, $15. The 1 and 2 can be somewhat less time demanding. Further than that and you have to like helping people for that reason. It ain't worth the time. Get a part time job for 2 hours a month and you've covered the base plan. Collect and redeem bottle deposits. etc. The reward is just a nice little somethin' somethin' each month. Don't do this for the money.

Albertog

Can you please explain a bit more about your sentence "The lower rewards, top 25 and 50 % are easier to get ." ?  What do you mean the lower rewards?  What are the top 25 and 50% and what does that mean?

Albertog

I think this is a much better response than the "Accepted Solution" thank you for helping all of us!

PaulatPM

I think you have to spend a lot of time here to get some points. 

@Thea369 wrote:

How can I help

Earning rewards is purely a numbers game.  To earn anything substantial off the price of your plan, you're going to be spending many hours here. 

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@Thea369 

Try and spend an hour or two here everyday. Read posts/threads and bravo what you agree with or when you learn something. Offer your opinion as you're learning. If you don't know an answer  just type it in the search bar and hit go. Several threads will pop up. Pick one with a green checkmark (indicating a solution) and a more recent date and see what it says. You can then answer some questions with confidence rather than guessing. Post your own questions and when you get a solution mark it. Explore your self serve account get to know all the features and how they work. Soon you will gather enough knowledge to really respond and help out and start referring your friends and family to public mobile.

gblackma
Mayor / Maire

Thanks for enquiring @Thea369 by asking the question you are on your way. The lower rewards, top 25 and 50 % are easier to get . Look into some posts, bravo answers you like, and be present in the  community. Welcome to the community.

@Thea369 wrote:

How can I help

Gregmt
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

You login to your community page as you did here. You browse through questions that people have regarding issues they are experiencing. Hit reply to their issue. Write what you think is the solution and post it. If people find your suggestion resolves their issue they will bravo you and you with receive rewards . Public Mobile will recall you as well to let you know when you have received rewards due to helping fellow customers. 

Cheers 

Jb456
Mayor / Maire

Read previous posts, learn the self serve account, read help articles.  Basically learn as much as you can about Public Mobile.

When you're comfortable enough and people post questions on these forums try to answer them and offer your assistance. 

You can use search bar and type "earn community rewards" there are plenty of threads to read.

Need Help? Let's chat.