cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

hot spot

Yukontrevor
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I used to have a hot spot on my iphone and now it does not work. It says I must contact Public Mobile to set it up but can not seem to do that. can anyone help?

3 REPLIES 3

Wayworn
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

As others have suggested-  it has nothing to do with PM. You have to enable hot spot on your phone. Maybe during a phone iOS update the settings were reset to default off setting. Good luck . 

Phil_Adelphus
Mayor / Maire

@Yukontrevor  Other things to try, update ios if update available, restart phone, take sim card out and reinsert (if possible try it in another phone then put it back), update carrier settings, turn off any VPN.  Those are suggstions from Apple forums.  There's also this from Apple

https://support.apple.com/en-us/119837 

If none of that works contact Apple support.  It seems that it is something that can happen with iPhones. Apple may say check with carrier which you can do by opening a ticket at the chat icon bottom right of this page but it seems to be more of an iPhone issue.  The hotspot on my iPhone works fine and I never had to contact Public Mobile to set it up.  

@Yukontrevor wrote:

I used to have a hot spot on my iphone and now it does not work. It says I must contact Public Mobile to set it up but can not seem to do that. can anyone help?

Public Mobile does not block hotspot in any way.  From what I've read from past quetsions from customers, some were able to get hotspot working again by either resetting the network settings or by changing the APN from isp.mb.com to sp.mb.com.

Need Help? Let's chat.