cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

free one-time 5GB of data text.

jukos
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

I manage my daughters account and she got a text from pm stating the subject line... is this ligit?

686 REPLIES 686

@rufus78 Thanks to @RosieR for letting you know how to add the “@“ symbol to tag the person you are responding to?

rufus78
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Thanks!

@AE_Collector   If you contacted the moderators then you will get it added to your account.  I had to make a request for the only account which got the text but the bonus never got added but was manually added yesterday by a moderator.  Weird thing is the other account got 5GB added on time even though I didn't get the text for it, but I did respond back with a YES for that account as was being suggested by everyone here and apparently that worked because the other account that received nothing, I never thought about replying back for it. 

@dabr  ya that's what I meant. QC had it down to $30 for awhile to compete with a provider here called Fizz Mobile which ad it at $32 if I'm not mistaken. Then after while of people complaing (I guess) they made it available to everyone (limited time)

brettster99
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@dabr 

That’s fair. I mean to me it’s all about market share and if PM didn’t do anything then it would be easier to switch. But honestly switching away from PM in provinces like ON is easier then those provinces because there is more market domination by the big 3 and to switch to something like lucky mobile. Same price (without rewards of course) and unlimited throttled.

If only these new players would launch in ON and others as quick as the can then maybe we will start seeing the benefits over here as well

If for no reason other than curiosity I would like to know why/who qualified and who didn’t. Some didn’t get the text to respond to, some got it n areas outside BC/Alberta, I got the text and responded with the acknowledgement on two accounts yet so far crickets on my second account. I assume this will get fixed but am at 24 hours waiting for a reply from moderators so far.

AE_Collector

Anonymous
Not applicable

@AE_Collector wrote:

The Christmas 2019 gifts where we had to log in and claim the gifts was great as long as a reasonable amount of time is given to receive the notification.

lol. But then we get the people days later complaining hey I only just saw this. My dog ate my phone and I didn't see it until now. Sigh.

I vote the August 2019 method. Just add it. We can all be surprised after the fact. Kinda like when the referral credit changes and someone just happened to notice in the upper right of the self-serve. Surprise! As always of course a little communication would be nice too.

dabr
Mayor / Maire

@Jb456 wrote:

@brettster99  kind of like when the $35 plan was $30 just for Quebec.

@Jb456   Except that plan is now available for everyone (limited time I know), so maybe they'll do the same with this offer too soon?

@brettster99 wrote:

@dabr

It just kinda feels like people who don’t live in BC or Alberta or Saskatchewan are crap outta luck.

Not only with the in market prices at the Big 3 but also bonuses here and the other smaller carriers. I mean no complaints on the price or service. But it does feel disappointing that not all people get the bonus. 

@brettster99   I absolutely agree with you although I know it's in response to Shaw Mobile being rolled out in BC/Alberta, but really there was no reason why this couldn't be offered to all PM customers and maybe a little extra for the BC/Alberta customers (although not really necessary).   It's also a disappointing for customers in BC/Alberta who were left out of this offer.  Oh well...😊

@brettster99  kind of like when the $35 plan was $30 just for Quebec.

Yeah they seem to have a knack for really messing things up sometimes. But at least they do it handing out gifts rather than eliminating some popular feature. This sort of reminds me of just after Black Friday last year when they had one promo going that expired but then relaunched it 3 days later with some mass confusion that led them to give it to everyone who missed out in between.

If this WAS an experiment to see the best way to give out free gifts, of course just adding them to the account like August last year is likely easiest and the most fool proof, it doesn’t attract the good will from many who just take it for granted OR don't even know they have received it. The Christmas 2019 gifts where we had to log in and claim the gifts was great as long as a reasonable amount of time is given to receive the notification.

AE_Collector

brettster99
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@dabr

It just kinda feels like people who don’t live in BC or Alberta or Saskatchewan are crap outta luck.

Not only with the in market prices at the Big 3 but also bonuses here and the other smaller carriers. I mean no complaints on the price or service. But it does feel disappointing that not all people get the bonus. 

@Anonymous wrote:

@dabr 

Sorry... that wasn't directed at you...just in general with all that's gone on with the freebies.

Cheers

@Anonymous   I kinda thought you were speaking in general terms too, but also wanted to clarify in case anyone thought I was complaining...all freebies are welcome anytime without complaint, although I'm puzzled by the way PM has rolled this out in an ad hoc manner and not all customers receiving it. 😊

@computergeek541 wrote:

@Catherine_T 

With some people in Alberta an BC not receiving any text message about these bonuses, some not receiving text message confirmations of the "YES" replies, some customers in other provinces receiving bonus add-ons out of nowhere, and now with the wrong add-ons being given to some, I believe that Public Mobile should be considering offering the 5GB +1000 minutes to any and all customers at this point.  The idea of these bonues was almost certainly to promote customer loyalty, but this has gone sideways at this point.

@computergeek541 Big YES to this!  Gift to all customers!  31

@kselmak wrote:

Hi @rufus78 

I just wanted to let you know that unfortunately when you respond to a post response there is no link to whom you are responding unless you either mentioned the poster or quote the particular response (mobile version of community lost that feature not so long ago), they all seem to be just general replies.

Cheers

@kselmak thank you for this.  👍

@rufus78 I am also new in the Community so I just learned how to quote.  If you are using your phone, just type @ and the username of the post you are replying to so we know to whom you are replying.  Welcome to Public Mobile and the Community.  Cheers! 1

Here here I concur @@computergeek541 

@Catherine_T 

With some people in Alberta an BC not receiving any text message about these bonuses, some not receiving text message confirmations of the "YES" replies, some customers in other provinces receiving bonus add-ons out of nowhere, and now with the wrong add-ons being given to some, I believe that Public Mobile should be considering offering the 5GB +1000 minutes to any and all customers at this point.  The idea of these bonues was almost certainly to promote customer loyalty, but this has gone sideways at this point.

Hi @rufus78 

I just wanted to let you know that unfortunately when you respond to a post response there is no link to whom you are responding unless you either mentioned the poster or quote the particular response (mobile version of community lost that feature not so long ago), they all seem to be just general replies.

Cheers

Anonymous
Not applicable

@dabr 

Sorry... that wasn't directed at you...just in general with all that's gone on with the freebies.

Cheers

rufus78

Great! Let's wait and see.

rufus78

Cool!

rufus78

Got 5G. Just not the 1000 minutes.

rufus78

Thanks for that great news!

rufus78

Thanks for the help!

rufus78

Thanks for that!

rufus78

Thanks! I got 5G already. Just not the 1000 minutes

@Anonymous wrote:

@dabr 

I have 3 limited minute accounts from BC, AB. All are said to get levelled out by tomorrow.

I don't get some people. All of this messing around by the company over a freaking gift. I can only assume people complained to them whining wah wah I want that freebie gift instead throwing the one they got to the side (figuratively speaking) like a 3 year old. Jeez. It's a gift people.

But hey...thanks muchly Public Mobile.

@Anonymous   I'm not complaining, just would have preferred that the other active account instead of the account that gets suspended would have received it.  I did ask the moderators if the bonus could be moved to the active account but  was told it wasn't policy.  That's okay too, it's nice as a back up for extra data should we need it.

BTW I didn't receive any notice even though you tagged me...been happening on and off for awhile now.  Oh well.

@rufus78  sms says to check sep 2nd

@VanZem people do switch back and forth you never know if you will find it useful

Would be nice to have an option to exchange it for some USA or ld Minutes

VanZem

Who needs "1000 Canada-wide minutes"? All plans except $15 plan have an unlimited talk...

Anonymous
Not applicable

@dabr 

I have 3 limited minute accounts from BC, AB. All are said to get levelled out by tomorrow.

I don't get some people. All of this messing around by the company over a freaking gift. I can only assume people complained to them whining wah wah I want that freebie gift instead throwing the one they got to the side (figuratively speaking) like a 3 year old. Jeez. It's a gift people.

But hey...thanks muchly Public Mobile.

Need Help? Let's chat.