cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

error 821

seb418
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I was actuvating a sim card for my daughter but got an error after finishing the payment for the plan. I tried to redo the activation of the SIM, but got a message saying that the number is invalid. 

8 REPLIES 8

@evihans   Error 821 is problem with your porting request.  Likely you have put in IMEI instead of account number

But , DO NOT try activating again.  You will keep activating new accounts and PM will keep charging

for the porting issue, I will message you a number to call and you can provide the porting team the missing informatoin

For the overcharged, open ticket with PM Support.  They will refund  you, no worry.  This is how to open ticket with PM :

1. For faster response (2-48 hours), Click on the bubble in the lower right to request CS Agent assistance, or use this direct link: https://publicmobile.ca/chatbot.

Start with typing "Submit a ticket", click "Contact Us", click "Other" from the choices, click "Click here to submit a ticket". Then follow to complete the ticket submission.

2. Or you can Send a private message to the CS Agent here: https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

**Monitor your Community inbox, envelope on the top right, after ticket is opened.  CS Agent will reply and work with you  via messaging there

@evihans 

You activated your sim card the first time you got the error code as evidenced by your card being charged. Unfortunately when this happens your sim card does not get provisioned correctly to your newly created account. As a result if you try again ( which you did twice) the system accepts your sim card as unactivated and allows you to try again but you are doomed to fail and keep getting the same error code.

There used to be a fail safe built into the activation portal that gave a one hour activation window to complete your activation. If you abandoned the activation or made a mistake you used to have to wait out that one hour otherwise the portal would return an error code telling you your sim card was previously activated even though the majority of the time it was not.

The consequence now is when you do activate your sim card instead of new customers coming to the community to ask why their sim card doesn't work but the system says it is.....most customers just start over. Whereas before the hour lock out would save most customers from doing this and the community would advise you to check your payment card. If it was charged you would be directed to contact customer support to have your sim card provisioned to your account. If your payment card wasn't charged you would be told to wait an hour and try again.

Wait for your CSA or possibly a new one if they are going thru a shift change to message you again. There can sometimes be a gap of an hour or two when this happens. Ask for a refund to your payment card for the extra 2 charges on your card and ask that they correctly provision your sim card to your account.

It could be worse....when I activated my second account online for the first time I kept getting errors and had to wait out the one hour lock out 6 times before I finally got thru an error free activation. It was very frustrating but I'm glad I did it....the amount I have saved since switching to public mobile is truly priceless. Because my accounts literally have no price....2×$0 phone bills every 30 days!!

To contact customer support click below:

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

To pre-verify your account include your full name, address, email, phone # and 4 digit acct pin #.

evihans

Hi there, I am wondering how this planned out because I have had the exact same issue.

Incomplete activation, error 812.

Tried incognito, tried the SIM card. No luck.

Currently, waiting to hear back from a person yet they have stopped responding. I have been charged 3 times on my credit card.

Are you activating with a new phone number? Usually when this happens the activation has gone through even though the messages imply it hasn’t. Usual next thing to try is if the SIM card works in a phone.

AE_Collector

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

@seb418 wrote:

I was actuvating a sim card for my daughter but got an error after finishing the payment for the plan. I tried to redo the activation of the SIM, but got a message saying that the number is invalid. 

@seb418 

DID your credit card get charged?

If so insert your Public Mobile SIM and see if you have any services.

Then try and log into your Self Serve account: https://selfserve.publicmobile.ca

IF you did not get charged, then you did not complete the SIM card activation.

• Wait 1 hour after your last attempt (since the system locks the SIM # after an attempted activation)
  • Clear your browser's cache or try a different browser
  • Open a tab in incognito mode
  • Then try the activation again

@seb418 

If your credit card has been charged for the plan selected then you have an incomplete account activation that has to be completed by the moderators. Click on the chat bubble at the bottom right corner of your screen and submit a support ticket via simon by typing in incomplete account activation and human and follow the prompts to submit your ticket. Keep an eye on your private message box for a message from the moderators. Responding promptly will speed up service times.

seb418

no I haven't seen any welcome message yet

hairbag1
Mayor / Maire

@seb418 wrote:

Check your bank account to see if your payment actually happened.

Did you get the "Welcome to PM" email yet ?

Need Help? Let's chat.