Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

error 821 when activating my SIM card

marysepepin
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

marysepepin_0-1669663455298.png

5 REPLIES 5

@marysepepin   

Check this post about porting from Speakout.  You might want to use phone number as the account number as Speakout does not have account number

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Get-Support/Porting-number-from-Speakout-Apply-also-t...

Add:  But dont try to activate again.  Can you put the PM sim card on the phone amd see of it connects to PM network?

I think the proper way for you to do is to open ticket with PM support and have them to sort out the situation and refund you tje extra charges

Message them to open ticket

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

**Monitor your Community inbox (envelope icon on the top right) after the ticket is opened.  CS Agent will reply to you there

@marysepepin wrote:

yes they charge it twice on my credit card.  It says enter your IMEI or account number.   I am with 7-eleven Speakout wireless. I can see a SKU: 343474 would it be the account number?

A SKU isn't an account number. Speakout doesn't have account number that can be used for number porting. Please use your device's IMEI.

marysepepin
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

yes they charge it twice on my credit card.  It says enter your IMEI or account number.   I am with 7-eleven Speakout wireless. I can see a SKU: 343474 would it be the account number?

hairbag1
Mayor / Maire

Try logging in to PM using incognito mode...se if that helps.

Check with bank to see if payment went through on the first attempt.

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@marysepepin 

Curious, you entered IMEI for porting info?

Error 821 is usually because you entered IMEI but the system is expecting Account number of your old carrier

First, check if PM charged you money already.  If not, you can try activation again with Account number instead

if PM already charged you, DO NOT try activation again.  Let us know and we can advise further

Need Help? Let's chat.