cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

eSIM wont activate

Kynan
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hi, I just got a new iphone 15 and decided to switch over to public mobile today. I was previously with Virgin mobile on an iphone 13. I went through all the steps to set up my nee plan and transfer my number over from virgin mobile but when it came to the eSIM activation, it displayed a message saying “Unable to Activate eSIM. You can try again, or contact your carrier for assistance.” I tried going back into the email and scanning the QR code multiple times but every time it says the same message. Any help here would be appreciated as my old sim is now deactivated and this one isnt, so I am unable to text, call or use my data currently.

6 REPLIES 6

Hi @rdgo 

please come back and tell us what CRTC ruling on your case.  Thanks

rdgo
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I've tried online chat and the community moderator nobody helped me my credit card was charged I paid for a service that I never get. Guys the only option we have is open complains at CRTC

Kynan

Thanks so much, this worked right away.

Dunkman
Oracle
Oracle

@Kynan 

Did you activate via the PM app?  If via the website, you will need to finish activation via the app. 

If your eSIM does not work still, you will likely need to purchase a physical SIM card.  Fastest way is via corporate Telus or Koodo stores.  PM will reimburse you the cost usually afterwards. 

JackBella

Same issues last night.  After a frustrating few hours and unable to reach Public, followed these instructions under apple support and it started working. #2.  Find your number under settings , cellular, turn off and on. If you can't set up an eSIM on your iPhone - Apple Support (CA).jpeg

jatutsi

Hey, I just switched over from Koodo and the process went smoothly although it did lag a bit during the eSIM process. Did you try turning off the phone and turning it back on? It helped me activate my network when I did that after making the switch over. Maybe that reset will help with the eSIM process as well? Just a guess!

Need Help? Let's chat.