cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

eSIM transfer

Iamnana
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Please help I try every possible way to transfer my eSIM to new iPhone but it failed every which way.i can’t use my new phone on public mobile net wo

16 REPLIES 16

@RoyBatty  Excellent happy to hear it 🙂

RoyBatty

The PM app literally just updated in past 30 minutes for me and now when I click the + symbol it shows an updated Subscriptions & Add-ons page with the Shop SIM Card Now button.

However, interesting to note that my app still looks different from your app screenshot. 

Your screenshot shows "MY ACCCOUNT" at top. Mine doesn't. Just says "SUBSCRIPTION & ADD-ONS". You have text under the "Shop Add-ons" button which I don't have.

Anyways got it sorted. $5 for new eSIM, it installed on new phone, phone rebooted, my PM number/service is active on new phone, deactivated on old phone. Took few minutes once I found the right button.

They should probably remove the "Shop Now" button which is role playing as "Subscriptions & Add-Ons" content.

@RoyBatty  Because you on the overview page not the subscription add on page 

RoyBatty

Thanks for reply.  I reinstalled PM app. Still no option for "Shop SIM Card Now". In fact your app is different than mine. See screenshots. Is that the iPhone app? Mine is Android. They probably have different functionality. Only iPhone users can buy new eSIMs?

Screenshot_20231207_084736_Public Mobile.jpg

@RoyBatty  You should see this when on app with new phone subscription add on page notice shop sim at bottom 

add if your not seeing this maybe un install the app and re install it and try again 

Handy1_0-1701956649949.png

RoyBatty

I have existing PM sub with eSIM.  I just got new phone and want to buy new eSIM on new phone. 

However, my PM mobile app Subscription & Add-Ons does not show the buy new eSim option. It just has two options for US call add-ons.

Do you have to have specific subscription for the buy new eSim option?

Can only certain customer buy new eSim?

Why have instructions for something that is not available to everyone?

What am I missing?

DaveH1972
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

This did it for my switch on Friday last week.  $5 fee, so if you don't want to pay, I guess a physical SIM is the way to go.  

@Iamnana wrote:

Thanks a lot for your great help. Much appreciated.next time I will just buy a physical sim. Have a blessed weekend 

@Iamnana , you’re very welcome! 🙂

As much as I hate to say it, I will go with a physical SIM Card next time also!

Iamnana

Thanks a lot for your great help. Much appreciated.next time I will just buy a physical sim. Have a blessed weekend 

@Iamnana wrote:

I didn’t think I need to buy a new sim on every switch. How ever I am logged into PM app under add on I don’t see any buy new eSIM option here. Can you please show me where exactly this option is on app. Thanks

For Existing Customers:

1. In the Public Mobile app on your Phone go to ‘Subscription & Add-ons’ page in your account to purchase an eSIM. I scrolled down & selected ‘Shop SIM CARD NOW’ then under ‘SELECT SIM CARD TYPE’ select ‘eSIM’ then select ‘PAY NOW’, (I purchased the eSIM using my available balance from points that I redeemed).
  2. Please keep in mind to be patient when installing it, it takes time. Follow the instructions it gives you during this process! After it says on your Phone’s screen that it installed successfully reboot your Phone.
  3. In cellular settings make sure that ‘Turn On This Line’ is selected. Reboot your phone.

(I had my data on plus my Wi-Fi was turned on & connected to my home internet to be sure I had all connections while doing this)

I received an email notifying me that my SIM Card changed.

Turn On This Line

@Iamnana  Yes unfortunately you need buy. We eSIM each time . This is why I still prefer physical sim instead . And thankfully the iPhone 15 still supports physical sim 🙂

Iamnana

I didn’t think I need to buy a new sim on every switch. How ever I am logged into PM app under add on I don’t see any buy new eSIM option here. Can you please show me where exactly this option is on app. Thanks

@Iamnana wrote:

Thanks for your reply so every time I switch phone I have to pay for new eSIM. ? 

@Iamnana , with Public Mobile unfortunately yes! If we used SIM Card then we can put those in & out of any phone we want but not with eSIM here! 😔 

Iamnana

Thanks for your reply so every time I switch phone I have to pay for new eSIM. ? 

LitlLdy
Mayor / Maire

@Iamnana wrote:

Please help I try every possible way to transfer my eSIM to new iPhone but it failed every which way.i can’t use my new phone on public mobile net wo

@Iamnana , did you use the Public Mobile app on your new iPhone to purchase the eSIM to install on it?

Handy1
Mayor / Maire

@Iamnana  You have to re buy eSIM on the app . Log into the app with your new phone and go to subscription add on page and notice shop sim at the bottom of the page select it and choose eSIM Download install 

Handy1_0-1694824970673.png

Need Help? Let's chat.