cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

duplicate messages

atorrin
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I have an iPhone 6S. It has started sending duplicate messages randomly. On my end it says the message was not delivered but the other person will get two or three of them. It seems to be only Android users that see this. My question is whether this would be a phone issue, carrier issue? What steps do I take to troubleshoot/fix?

6 REPLIES 6

@atorrin Try to reset the network settings as suggested above.   And make sure you try reboot your phone

If you have another phone around, try your PM sim card there

But , it could also be carrier problem or they might be able to reset something on the system, open a ticket with them

1. If you have access to My account: At https://publicmobile.ca/chatbot.

Start by typing "Submit a ticket", then click "Contact Us", Then click "Other", then click "Click here to submit a ticket ↗" 

2. If you don't have access to My Account or have trouble with Chatbot: Private message CS Agent at: 

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

**Monitor your Community inbox (envelope icon on the top right) after the ticket is opened.  CS Agent will reply you there

atorrin

I'm pretty sure it is on my end because it is happening with a lot of different people.

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

@atorrin - I would think this is network related on either your end or the receiver's ends.

Networks would keep resending when a service disruption is happening. Or, the receiver is using Chat Features or imessage (both with require data or an internet connection to work), so could be a delay/duplicate on that end?

I've read this, not sure if it is your case or not:

"Sometimes duplicate messages can also be produced by the destination carrier when the recipient is roaming."

Is it possible the recipient has their roaming enabled and near a border town (possibly trying to ping other towers)?

But, most likely a low coverage area, where re-attempts are being made and more than 1 are successfully being sent.

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@atorrin 

try to reset all network settings in general/settings/reset/reset network settings.

Please note that this will wipe your wifi password so you will have to add that again.

atorrin

Thank you I will try those things. Data is turned on all the time. Send as SMS text is active as well. 

Dunkman
Oracle
Oracle

@atorrin 

Most likely a phone issue versus carrier issue. You could try your SIM card in another working phone (? android)  to see whether you have the same problem. 

iMessages can sometimes have issues with sending text to android phones.  Is your data turned on all the time?  iPhone to iPhone messages via iMessages require either data or Wifi.  Is "Send as SMS text" active.  You could try to turn off iMessage to see whether that corrects the problem.  

Need Help? Let's chat.