cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

doesn't work with phones from China

MartinSinclair
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I gave Public Mobile my credit card information but can't finish activation because my Chinese mobile won't load any Google apps. Will it continue to charge my credit card every month? No one to contact.

8 REPLIES 8

Rastin
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Many phone in China use the Harmony os. Based off Linux. It's not an android or iPhone operating system. That would be my guess as to why it doesn't have access to Google store.

@BKNS27 wrote:

You can ONLY activate your SIM on the PM app. Since you can’t download the app then you won’t be charged.

But you may want to get a North American phone and download the PM app.

Just curious how your CC information was entered since you can’t download the app?

The customer might have already been charged as the activation can be started on the Public Mobile website.

@Chalupa_Batman wrote:

Hello @MartinSinclair 

You may not be able to use the phone but never say never. Take a peek at the top right corner of the page. You'll see a mail box. Open it and see what I sent you.

If you're unable to complete the sign up, you will have to reach a CS Agent via the chat box bottom right corner and ask for a refund.

This may not be matter of not being able to use the phone. Assuming that the device is compatible with the Public Mobile service, this would only be a matter of not being able to using Play Store.

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

@MartinSinclair , download the Public Mobile app from this site and side load it.  

https://apkpure.com/public-mobile/com.telus.publicmobile/download

BKNS27
Mayor / Maire

@MartinSinclair 

You can ONLY activate your SIM on the PM app. Since you can’t download the app then you won’t be charged.

But you may want to get a North American phone and download the PM app.

Just curious how your CC information was entered since you can’t download the app?

If it was done on the PM website, you will need to complete the activation on the app. 
You will be charge once you completed step 6 on the app. 

In addition, your Chinese phone may not be compatible with the PM frequencies.

What is the make and model of your phone?

Chalupa_Batman
Mayor / Maire

Hello @MartinSinclair 

You may not be able to use the phone but never say never. Take a peek at the top right corner of the page. You'll see a mail box. Open it and see what I sent you.

If you're unable to complete the sign up, you will have to reach a CS Agent via the chat box bottom right corner and ask for a refund.

hTideGnow
Mayor / Maire

HI @MartinSinclair 

your phone can access Google store? is it one that blocked?  But I thought only US blocks it

if you already got to the payment step and paid, then support can help the rest of the step.  Please message support agent here:

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

slusagm
Mayor / Maire

@MartinSinclair 

what phone do you have ? why it cannot load Google app?

you can go online and sideload PM app, but do at your own risk

or you can ask a friend to downlaod the app on his phone and help you to finish it

Need Help? Let's chat.