cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

deactivated number recovery

sabaash
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

HI

Is there a way to recover my deactivated number if its not available also? I was out of canada for six months and my bank is linked to that number. i cant use my credit card bcz of that. also i am worried if the person that has my number is also recieving my bank OTP. 

8 REPLIES 8

@sabaash 

Blocks of numbers are assigned to providers. If you Port your number to another provider and then that account is cancelled the number reverts to the provider who owns that block of numbers. It could have been ported numerous times but will revert to the provider who “owns” it originally. If that is within the Telus companies PM may be able to get it back for you but you need a moderator to try to help you.

AE_Collector

sabaash

great thanks this was very helpful.

popping
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@sabaash wrote:

I called and it says number you have called is not in service. And when i try to look it up or edit last four digits its not available. Is there a customer service phone number?

When you account was cancelled, your number was returned ot the provider who gave you your number.  If Telus/Koodo/PM gave your your number, create a moderator support ticket to ask moderator to look for your number using this link https://publicmobile.ca.ada.support/chat/

sabaash

I called and it says number you have called is not in service. And when i try to look it up or edit last four digits its not available. Is there a customer service phone number?

popping
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@sabaash wrote:

HI

Is there a way to recover my deactivated number if its not available also? I was out of canada for six months and my bank is linked to that number. i cant use my credit card bcz of that. also i am worried if the person that has my number is also recieving my bank OTP. 

Call your number.  If someone answer the phone, you number was reassigned.  You cannot do anything to get it back.

If you get a message saying your number is not assigned, you may be able to get it back.

Which provider gave you your number?

1.  If your number is from Telus/Koodo/PM, create a moderator support ticket for help using this link https://publicmobile.ca.ada.support/chat/

2.  If your number is from other providers, your need to open an account with that provider to get your number back and port it to PM.

At the mean time, get your 2FA phone number changed or removed for your bank account

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

@sabaash,

Update the info. with your bank asap.

Unfortunately, after 90 days of a deactivated number, it is lost. Chances are it was assigned to someone else. Have you tried calling it?

Triguy
Mayor / Maire

Unfortunately after 90 days your account gets deacitvated and your phone# is not recoverable.

You would need to purchase VA sim and setup a new account with a different phone# and email.

Staliger
Mayor / Maire

@sabaash After 90 days of inactivity, account and number are lost. You need to buy a new SiM and create a new account unfortunately.

Need Help? Let's chat.