cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

data

satifollmer2020
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

i spent almost all the time connected to the wifi and i got a text sayng i used all my data. that's unreal. i did everything the robo wanted me to do and it did not work 

7 REPLIES 7

PAULRANG18
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Uninstall any unused apps and have apps only update on WiFi. Use WiFi whenever possible to download, stream, etc.

If you have an Android also check if your phone has Wifi+.

If it does. Turn it off!

Screenshot_20200116_162854_com.android.settings.jpg

kselmak
Mayor / Maire

Please check data usage On your device.

Check settings to make sure that you are not boosting your WiFi signal with your data signal.

You also have an option of restricting background data for each app so that those apps are forced to do most of the maintenance exclusively on WiFi signal.

Which plan are you on?

Luddite
Oracle
Oracle

@satifollmer2020 Do you use an iPhone? If so, be sure WiFi Assist is OFF. (Settings >> Cellular: scroll to the bottom of the page to find it)

>>> ALERT: I am not a CSA. Je ne suis pas un Agent du soutien à la clientèle.

Triguy
Mayor / Maire

Here is more info about managing your data.

https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/bc/get-help/articles/managing-your-data-usage

Yeah, @geopublic  has it right, i.e. there's just WAY too many data leaks in cell phone apps.

So, @satifollmer2020  how much data are we talking about, i.e. how much is allotted to your plan?

geopublic
Mayor / Maire

@satifollmer2020 wrote:

i spent almost all the time connected to the wifi and i got a text sayng i used all my data. that's unreal. i did everything the robo wanted me to do and it did not work 

@satifollmer2020  Are you sure you were on WiFi? It's best to go through the settings of each App and make sure to select the option of updating only on WiFi. Same goes for system updates and backups.

Need Help? Let's chat.