cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

current plan has no text, new plans do

jbinott
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

My current plan does not have text messaging but I would like it. I noticed all current plans now include this. How can I get that added on without incurring any more charges? If I have to switch plans, will I lose any bonuses I have?

13 REPLIES 13

gjong26
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Or if you're happy with your current plan you can alternatively use WhatsApp to send msg or photos. Similar to text messaging. But uses data instead. If you limit yourself to only using WiFi this can be an alternative.

@darlicious wrote:

@jbinott  You have two plans to choose from that fit within your current price range. The $25 ($23 w/autopay) which gives you a lot more features. But as suggested by @gblackma the $15 ($13 w/autopay) will probably suit you just fine. Unless you talk a whole lot every month ( over 600 min outgoing) the $15 plan + $5/500min will equal your plan price currently. Chances are you will use maybe an extra 100 minutes a month and the $5/500min add on will roll over and last you at least 5 or 6 months. That puts your monthly price down to $16 ($14 w/ap) a nice savings over your $20 p/m  now and gaining unlimited texts (both SMS and MMS) and 250mb of data.

I just can't help but add that with 250 megs if you restrict your background data you have virtually unlimited usa and Canada with either textnow ( your second free Canadian number) or hangouts ( with your number as display works like charm).

@jbinott  You have two plans to choose from that fit within your current price range. The $25 ($23 w/autopay) which gives you a lot more features. But as suggested by @gblackma the $15 ($13 w/autopay) will probably suit you just fine. Unless you talk a whole lot every month ( over 600 min outgoing) the $15 plan + $5/500min will equal your plan price currently. Chances are you will use maybe an extra 100 minutes a month and the $5/500min add on will roll over and last you at least 5 or 6 months. That puts your monthly price down to $16 ($14 w/ap) a nice savings over your $20 p/m  now and gaining unlimited texts (both SMS and MMS) and 250mb of data.

jbinott

this is great. Thank you.

@jbinott The $25 plan would be the closest to yours. It's actually better since you will have unlimited Canada wide talk and text along with 1GB data. The extra $5 gives you better value compare to your current plan without unlimited talk and no text. All rewards you currently have will remain as is. 

@jbinott the lowest current plan, the $15 one  has unlimited Canada wide and international mms, picture texting.  It also come with 100 Canada wide talking minutes, and you get 250mb data for using autopay. And if you transfer, you will keep your add ons. If you transfer to this plan, a good add on to get is the $5, 500 minute Canada wide one. If you do decide to change your plan. Please choose change at next renewal date.

@jbinott wrote:
  • This plan includes: -
  • - Unlimited Provincial Talk
$20 per 30 Days
  • My Data & Add-Ons
    If a feature is not listed below, it may have been fully consumed and no longer available for use.

• Data & Add-OnsAmount Used
    400 min Intl Long Distance (Incl Canada & US) Promo
    18  /  400 MIN
    1GB Promo
    5.523  /  1024 MB

I don't see  similar plan with text for the same $20.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@jbinott wrote:
$20 per 30 Days
  • My Data & Add-Ons
    If a feature is not listed below, it may have been fully consumed and no longer available for use.

18  /  400 MIN
    1GB Promo
    5.523  /  1024 MB

The $15 one. Unlimited incoming calls Canada-wide. Unlimited texts. A little 250MB data with autopay.

Then you use your 400 minutes for when you go over the 100 minutes of outgoing. Or even better get the $5 500 minute add-on. Both Canada-wide...not just provincial. That 1gb will hang around too for when you go through the 250mb.

jbinott
$20 per 30 Days
  • My Data & Add-Ons

18  /  400 MIN
    1GB Promo
    5.523  /  1024 MB

geopublic
Mayor / Maire

@jbinott wrote:

My current plan does not have text messaging but I would like it. I noticed all current plans now include this.

@jbinott  Yes, that is correct.

How can I get that added on without incurring any more charges?

You need to use selfserve and change plan on your next renewal. Just pick a plan priced equal or less to what you are currently paying and select the option for the plan to take place during your next plan renewal.

If I have to switch plans, will I lose any bonuses I have?

No, rewards and credits are associated with your account and not your plan. Please note that if your are on an old grandfathered plan you will not be able to switch back to that plan so make sure before scheduling the plan change.

@jbinott  What's included in your current plan?

gblackma
Mayor / Maire

@jbinott  And adding a credit card to your self serve / my account gets you data too, even on the $15 plan, convenient for an emergency. 

kselmak
Mayor / Maire

Hi @jbinott 

Can you please specify what kind of bonus you have

If it was the 400 minutes and 1gig holidays gifts or 1 gig bonus given at the end of summer you are fine.

If you give approximate date when bonus was issued we can look it up and help you with the small print.

Changing plans is easy and fast can be done right out of your selfserve

Most of me plans are better than the old ones, there are exceptions and the new plans are all 3g not 4g data speeds

ShawnC13
Oracle
Oracle

@jbinott wrote:

My current plan does not have text messaging but I would like it. I noticed all current plans now include this. How can I get that added on without incurring any more charges? If I have to switch plans, will I lose any bonuses I have?

You must be on a very old plan.  There are no text add-ons so you will need to change to new plan.  Not sure what your current plan is but the in market plans have great price points (except for the $35)  You will keep everything you currently have so no worries baout losing any of your rewards, just make sure you do a plan change on next renewal

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

Need Help? Let's chat.