cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

could not complete activation

yuraneb
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hi guys (and gals),

I looked around the forum, but unfortunately it sounds like this isnt something I'd be able to smooth out on my own.

I recently bought a new sim, went through the activation/account creation process, picked a plan, entered payment info ... so far so good. 

However, on the final page - the confirmation step timed out on me. No biggie, I thought - I'll just log into the new account and try again. The problem is - I can't log in. It's asking me for my (new) phone number, but I didn't think of writing it down when I was filling out the forms. I thought I can always just get it from my phone once everything is activated.

So now I can't log into what I believe is a partially activated account, there's no password to reset (it's asking me for the phone number at stage 1 of any login), so I'm a little stuck.

I don't see any confirmation message on the email account I provided during registration.

Any help/advice? 

4 REPLIES 4

hml1976
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

This happened to me twice yestereday just wait an hour and it retry activating account and it will let you

sportscoupe
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

My friend had the same problem, kicked out after entering credit card info. The took the money out of his visa card account. Contacted moderator and he put a ticket in to fix the problem, that was more than 2 days ago. Phone still doesn't work after 3 days and no update on progress. Very discouraged and he's almost ready to give up. I hope you get better service.

Luddite
Oracle
Oracle

@yuraneb Wait a couple of hours and try once more from the beginning, BUT ONLY IF your credit card has not been charged. No joy means you need assistance from the Moderator Team. Click this: message to moderators to send a private message to the moderator team with a description of your issue. Usually they answer within in 24 hours, but can take a few days.

Do not send multiple messages. This increases the queue and adds to the time moderators take to locate all your messages. Refer to the following knowledge base link for additional information on contacting the moderator team.

If you plan to port-in your number from another carrier I suggest to initially pick a new number. Be sure that everything is running properly then login to your account, click Change Number and follow the instructions to transfer your number.

I think this is useful reading: BE PREPARED. But then I am biased. Robot wink

>>> ALERT: I am not a CSA. Je ne suis pas un Agent du soutien à la clientèle.

Lieux
Oracle
Oracle

@yuraneb wrote:

Hi guys (and gals),

I looked around the forum, but unfortunately it sounds like this isnt something I'd be able to smooth out on my own.

I recently bought a new sim, went through the activation/account creation process, picked a plan, entered payment info ... so far so good. 

However, on the final page - the confirmation step timed out on me. No biggie, I thought - I'll just log into the new account and try again. The problem is - I can't log in. It's asking me for my (new) phone number, but I didn't think of writing it down when I was filling out the forms. I thought I can always just get it from my phone once everything is activated.

So now I can't log into what I believe is a partially activated account, there's no password to reset (it's asking me for the phone number at stage 1 of any login), so I'm a little stuck.

I don't see any confirmation message on the email account I provided during registration.

Any help/advice? 

I think you need help from the moderator here...https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437 waiting time is USUALLY few hours to 2 days...

Need Help? Let's chat.