cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

changing phones and subscriptions

Ejwhite1049
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

@iam buying a new phone and when I takeoout sim card from old phone and put it in new phone - shouldn't be a problem? You should new details of phone that way- right

Also I just changed subscriptions - but doesn't take place until my renewal date of June 16th - should be no problem as promotion ends today? And subscription changes on renewal date

I Already have changed subscriptions - just want to make sure I was doing it correctly -  thank you

4 REPLIES 4

BKNS27
Mayor / Maire

@Ejwhite1049 

Make sure you power off both phones first before taking old from the old phone then place it in the new phone.

Power on and you should be good to go on your current plan and will switch to your new plan on your renewal date.

If the SIM is a different size. Just pop out the spacer.

Chalupa_Batman
Mayor / Maire

If I may ask, can we confirm which phone you purchased? Just in case as some phones don't work on the Public Mobile network.

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

@Ejwhite1049 , you can switch phones simply by moving the SIM card from old phone to new phone as you have described.  It's as simple as that.  As for plan switches, you can future date the plan change on renewal even if the offer ends before the renewal date.  The deal will still be honored.  These is no need to renew immediately. 

hairbag1
Mayor / Maire

@Ejwhite1049 wrote:

@iambuying a new phone and when I takeoout sim card from old phone and put it in new phone - shouldn't be a problem? You should new details of phone that way- right....Correct

Also I just changed subscriptions - but doesn't take place until my renewal date of June 16th - should be no problem as promotion ends today? And subscription changes on renewal date....again, correct

I Already have changed subscriptions - just want to make sure I was doing it correctly -  thank you

Need Help? Let's chat.