cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

changed plan on the start of a new month and got charged twice

davidberg
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hi I changed my plan on June 30 and made a manual payment to my account. Then autopay took out the amount for my old plan on the same day. So I was double charged - $25 and $56. How can I get my payment back for my old plan?

thanks,

Dave

3 REPLIES 3

LurganIeUk
Mayor / Maire

@davidberg wrote:

Hi I changed my plan on June 30 and made a manual payment to my account. Then autopay took out the amount for my old plan on the same day. So I was double charged - $25 and $56. How can I get my payment back for my old plan?

thanks,

Dave

It looks like you did it all manually. You could have made the change days before your renewal and took the option to have the change happen on your renewal date. 

Please contact a MOD and ask if they can give you credit on your account for the old plan that you paid for as you did not understand/know the process to change plans. 

Meow
Mayor / Maire

If you are absolutely sure you paid twice for the service, options are:

Option #1

Do nothing. Money stay on your PM account and will be used at the next billing cycle. PM will always try to take funds from your account first and if not sufficient, will charge your card if you are set for auto-pay. Some members prefer this way (pay manually a day or two in advance) as auto-pay might fail for unknown reason and your service will be temporary suspended until you pay the bill.

Just in case, please confirm available funds (over payments) when you log in into your account to be 100% sure you did pay twice.

Option #2

You can ask for refund contacting MODs. It might take 3-4 weeks to receive actual refund. So, you will get your money back - and in a few days will be charged again for the next billing cycle.

If I were you, I will leave funds in my account and not utilize option #2.

To contact a moderator, there are 2 methods:

- Use the ticketing system for a faster response time (preferred method as Ticket is assigned and easy to follow up with MODs). Click here and type ticket, then select account-specific question, then select you need a human now. Follow the prompts to submit a ticket or,

- Send a private message to the moderator by clicking here  You’ll need to be logged into your Community account for the link to work.

Watch for their response in your Community private mailbox which will be indicated by a number on the small envelope icon to the left of your Community avatar.

Triguy
Mayor / Maire

Did you make a plan change on next renewal ?  You can make an immediate plan change.  PM is prepaid so no guarantee of a refund but you can try submitting a ticket to a moderator.

Here’s when and how to contact the Moderator Team:

• Get help with your account the easy way by starting a conversation with our virtual assistant, SIMon. It’ll take you to relevant help articles, or if it’s something more urgent, it can help you submit a ticket to the Moderator Team. Click here to get started.
  • Alternatively, you can send a private message to the Moderators by clicking here. You’ll need to be logged in to your Community account for the link to work.
Need Help? Let's chat.