cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

cant get QR code

sanford1_1
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Can anyone give me some help. I have an AGM M9 phone that I just bought, just wanted a cheap phone for emergencies but I cant get it to read the QR code unless I am not using the phone properly when trying to read it. I bought the physical sim card for the phone but I cant activate it without the QR code. Can anyone help me out to get phone activated? thanks

3 REPLIES 3

sanford1_1
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

It working now, thanks for the help.

appy1
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hey sanford1_1,

I’ve had some trouble with QR codes in the past, too—super annoying! Since the AGM M9 is a pretty basic phone, it might not support QR code scanning out of the box. Here are a couple of things you can try:

• Does your phone have a QR code reader? Some phones don't have one built in, so if there’s a QR scanner app in the store, maybe give that a try (if the phone supports apps).
  • Try activating the SIM manually: Instead of the QR code, you can go to the Public Mobile activation page and input the SIM card details manually. Just use the numbers on your SIM card—it should work fine.
  • Use another device: If you have access to another phone or tablet, scan the QR code with that and use the info from there to complete the activation.

Hopefully one of these gets your phone up and running! Let us know how it goes!

Cheers!

Handy1
Mayor / Maire

@sanford1_1   The QR code should be in your welcome email . But If you want to use the physical sim card you will have to get supports help to sim swap the number for you 

send  a  private message   To CS_Agent

⬇️⬇️⬇️⬇️⬇️Link below ⬇️⬇️⬇️⬇️⬇️

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

Need Help? Let's chat.