cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

cannot send text messages: "sorry your current plan does not include text messaging"

mtandao
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

just signed for public mobile $20 plan but not able to send text messages. Keep getting message that says: "sorry your current plan does not include text messaging".

I dont this becaause from i understand all plans included local unlimited text messaging.

7 REPLIES 7

srlawren
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@Alan_K @CS_Agent I'd like to point out that this is not the first time we've seen the Simon bot causing this exact same confusion.  Although those of us already familiar with PM know that only plans where you explicitly choose an *unlimited texting option include ANY ability to text, the way Simon responds makes it sound as it all plan include it, which is not true.  Simon needs to be updated so that it's clear you must include a texting option in your plan if you want texting, please.  

* the $10/50/50 confusing exception not-withstanding.

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

Simon works of a database query and apparently it hasn't been updated since the $10 limited texting plan came into effect, and it sounds like Simon also doesn't understand that folks don't always choose "the only" texting option other than no texting.

All plans with texting in them, are unlimited, except for the $10 50/50 plan.  All plans that do not have the texting feature selected, have no ability to send or receive texts.

mtandao
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I sent a priivate to the moderator. Havent seen a response yet.

But, even if you check with the SIMon the bot it responds that ALL plans included unlimited text messaging. Isnt the $5 option for international texting?

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi @mtandao, Unfortunately, you were mis-informed, or mis-understood.  Unlimited texting is not included in all plans.  You must select it as a plan feature.  It would be an extra $5 on your provincial calling plan (assuming that is what you have).  Since you just signed up, the moderators should be able to switch you over, and just charge you the difference.  DO NOT do an immediate plan change yourself.  You will end up paying the full amount and losing the original $20 you paid.  Just send a private message to the moderator team and explain the situation.  Alternatively, if you can wait until next month, you can set up a plan change to kick in at your next renewal.  If you chose to contact mods, include account or phone number as well as account PIN in your message in order to speed up identification.

Click here to send the moderator team a private message. Their hours are: Mon-Fri 9AM-9PM(EST) & Sat/Sun 9AM-7:30PM(EST)
You can find information regarding the moderator team by following this link.

KMG
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

If you just signed up recently, you could try messaging the Moderator Team to get your plan switched to this one, which includes unlimited text messaging:

https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/on/plans/25unlimitedtalk-text

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

popping
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@mtandao

Both of the $20 plan does not include text messages.

What is shown on your account overview display after login?

KMG
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Is this the $20 plan that you signed up for?

https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/on/plans/20unlimitedtalk

If so, it does not include text messaging...

Need Help? Let's chat.