cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

canada wide calling!!!

ranjodhsingh814
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

is it possible if i can make changes in my current plan i.e. promo plan for freedom customers and i can get the same data benefit. i mean i want to change my province wide talk to canada wide. any help will be appreciated.

9 REPLIES 9

srlawren
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@Joey_1975 you obvioiusly haven't met some of my family!  Ugh, they can talk......

Seriously though, a lot of people just like the convenience of Canada-wide calling so they never have to think about dialing anyone in Canada from anywhere in Canada.  You never have to stop and think, do I have enough add-on mins for this call?  You just call and talk.  If you're not lucky enough to be on one of the promo plans, all of which to date have been limited to province-wide talk option, then upgrading from prov-wide to canada-wide is fairly inexpensive at $5/30 or $15/90 days, which is a worthwhile upgrade for many.  The problem is if you're on one of the promo plans and you want to upgrade to Canada-wide, you have to forfeit the extra promo discount credits which ends up costing you significantly more.  Which, is unfortunate, especially if your needs change.

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

Joey_1975

@srlawren True - 3.3 hours of long distance per month is typically enough for most people.  That's if people actually still make calls .... seems that today's generation like to only text and use other messaging apps.  If you're a business user and need LD - you're at the wrong company.  

srlawren
@Joey_1975 well sure, as long as you only need a small to moderate amount of long distance. Some people need more than is practical via the add-ons.

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

Joey_1975
The $8 add on gives you 200 long distance mins in Canada and US. Just add it and problem solved. The minutes don't expire until you use them all up.

Acekiller
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

take note that if you don't have canadawide min you won't be able to receive call when you are out of province.

srlawren

@ranjodhsingh814 as noted, the promo plans are as-is, with no substitutions unfortunately.  The suggested workarounds of add-on minutes or using VoIP services work alright for most people most of the time.  Please let us know if you would like any further details on either option, or if you have any other quetions or concerns.

jairolevi
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

Yeah, you can call US and Canada for free with Hangouts.

Nsk143
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville
Agreed its pretty expensive to get Canada wide I also suggust use handout dialer I called all my usa family member by that. Doesnt use lots of data either.

xCameron94x
Mayor / Maire

unforutnatley, if you change your plan, you will lose the extra data. Your best option is to buy a long distance add on, or use a VoIP service (google hangouts or fongo for example).

Just know for VoIP you will need to be connected to internet or data to use them, but with google hangouts all calls made to numbers in Canada are free

Need Help? Let's chat.