cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

can't place call due to limit reached, but actually not

chengM
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Try place a call, refused due to available minutes exceeded. Log in and check the usage detail which showed not even 50% used. Why?

6 REPLIES 6

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

@chengM wrote:

Try place a call, refused due to available minutes exceeded. Log in and check the usage detail which showed not even 50% used. Why?

@chengM  - if the call still completes that is good. Just an annoying glitch.

Perform a reset of the device's network settings, to refresh your network.

Go to Settings > General > Reset > Reset Network Settings. This also resets Wi-Fi networks and passwords, cellular settings, and VPN and APN settings that you've used before.

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

@Meow wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

see the line item under My Data & Add-ons on the overview page (not details) showing number of minutes used of the 100? If it's not there then you've used all the minutes.

This part confuses me. OP will see 100/100 if all minutes are used? This line should be always there, correct? Or do you have an example (screenshot) what it should look like?

Meow_0-1641422463901.png

@Meow  - nope, that line item goes away when you reached 100 outgoing minutes.

Then, of course, comes back when your plan renews.

Same thing happens for the Data lines too here.

@Anonymous wrote:

see the line item under My Data & Add-ons on the overview page (not details) showing number of minutes used of the 100? If it's not there then you've used all the minutes.

This part confuses me. OP will see 100/100 if all minutes are used? This line should be always there, correct? Or do you have an example (screenshot) what it should look like?

Meow_0-1641422463901.png

Anonymous
Not applicable

@chengM : Yeah I would check the number. And yes the 1 in front. If you're on the $15 plan then do you see the line item under My Data & Add-ons on the overview page (not details) showing number of minutes used of the 100? If it's not there then you've used all the minutes.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@chengM 

you can try reseat the SIM card and Make sure your phone is off before removing your SIM card,

1. power off your device

2. take out the SIM card,

3. waiting a 1 minute,

4. put it back and power on,

5. toggling airplane mode off/on,  

and try manually selecting network "3G ONLY" or WCDMA only,

for iPhone visit Here link 

or Here link 

for android visit Here link ,

and do Rebooting your phone ,This is quick and simple,to refreshing your network,

*what is meant by rebooting the device turn off and turn it back on.

To get the obvious out of the way...you used ( +1 or 1 ) in front of the any area code,

for Example long distance in canada or from USA,, Add (+1 or 1 ) in front of the any area code,
1416xxxxxxx,
or
+1416xxxxxxx,
both is will going through your call...

when your minutes or data limit used all, is will be off until next renewal cycle,

at public mobile 30 day Prepaid Service No fees extra charges,

Good luck and enjoy the service..

walker1
Mayor / Maire

@chengM 

Try rebooting your phone and then try adding a 1 before calling the number.

Need Help? Let's chat.