cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

can not receive calls

nlagundino
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

im with public mobile for 3 weeks now and everything is working but when i change my phone to another phone, i can no longer receive calls but i can make them. Help! Thanks

6 REPLIES 6

ShawnC13
Oracle
Oracle

@nlagundino wrote:

im with public mobile for 3 weeks now and everything is working but when i change my phone to another phone, i can no longer receive calls but i can make them. Help! Thanks

In your total time with Public Mobile have you been able to receive calls?  I can't see the sim working on one phone and not the other if a different sim works fine.  I am wondering if there has been an issue right from the beginning and your port was never completed properly?  Do you have your old sim from your old provider?  If you do put it in your phone and see if it is still working and if it is your port never completed and you still have an active account with your old provider.  Either way you will probably need the assistance of a moderator. 

To send a private message to a moderator click this link.
In your message please include:
  • PM Phone Number
  • 4 digit PIN (if you don't remember this then they will need at least 3 of the following to verify your identity)
    • account number 
    • date of birth
    • complete address listed on account with postal code
    • email address on account
    • most commonly called numbers
    • alternate number listed on the account
    • last payment date and amount
    • last 4 digits of the credit card
  • Detailed explanation
Community Moderators are available from Monday-Friday 9am(Eastern) to 9pm(Eastern) and Saturday, and Sunday from 9am(Eastern) to 7:30pm(Eastern)

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

matbasm
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@nlagundino, Hmmm.  So the second phone is able to make/receive calls, your account (SIM) is able to make/receive calls on another phone, but when the SIM is in the second phone, you can't receive.

Someone else might have some logical explanation, but I suggest that you send a private message to the moderators while you wait for a better answer.  The moderators might be able to find something on the PM side.

Click here to send the moderators team a private message. Moderators' hours of operation are M-F 9AM-9PM(EST) & S/S 9AM-7:30PM(EST)
Information regarding the moderators team can be found by following this link.

nlagundino

Yes. I tried this and it works totally fine with my friend's sim card

matbasm

@nlagundino, Any chance you have access to another/friend's SIM card you can try in the second phone?  Just to rule out the possibility that there is a problem with the second phone.

nlagundino

yes

matbasm

@nlagundino, what do you mean by 'change my phone to another phone'?  Do you mean put my SIM card in another phone?

Need Help? Let's chat.