Did you mean: 

calls

Krayd
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

my phone isn’t receiving incoming calls and texts

14 REPLIES 14

@Krayd wrote:

Also, it goes to my Rogers voicemail.

@Krayd it goes to a Rogers voicemail and I hope it is yours.  If that is yours, it is GOOD news, your Rogers phone is not cancelled yet.  Call back Rogers and ask them NOT to cancel it

Then you call the number I messaged you and and ask PM to re-trigger the porting process.  This time, you need to have your Rogers SIM in a phone, wait for the text from Rogers, reply YES and the port should be done within 2 hours.  Once porting completed, the Rogers account will be closed, you don't need to do anything else to close the Rogers account

dust2dust
Mayor / Maire

Yes this was all wrong. You start the porting process, leave the original sim in, confirm text, wait for text saying success or wait with new sim in, put in new sim, go. The old account gets closed by that provider.

It is curious that the old voicemail still works. If you still have the old sim then put it in and see if anything works. If it does then maybe they saw the port request and did not actually do the cancel. Then call the number someone probably provided and re-do the port. Leave the old sim in.

But if everything's all closed and done at the old provider then you're number is in limbo. You'll need to deal with them. But see what the porting help might do.

Krayd

Also, it goes to my Rogers voicemail.

@Krayd wrote:

I ported number from Rogers.  I called Rogers and cancelled my service after I switched the sim cards and activated PM

@Krayd   That could be the failing point!!

you do not call Rogers and cancel the service. When porting is completed , it will cancel the Rogers account for you

With Rogers account cancelled, the porting cannot be done.  Only active account cannot ported across providers

But it is weird that when people call your old number, it gets to VM.  

Call the porting support team I messaged you and see what they say

Krayd

I did port over number but I activated it under PM website.  I called Rogers after to cancel y service as I didn't want to pay for 2 service providers.

Krayd

I ported number from Rogers.  I called Rogers and cancelled my service after I switched the sim cards and activated PM

@Krayd   I suspect the porting was never completed.  Did you reply the text from Rogers to approve the porting?  did you reply within 90 mins?

I will private message you a phone number.   Check your Community inbox, envelope icon on the top right.    Call them, it's live support and they can advise if porting was indeed completed or re-trigger the process

Krayd

No incoming calls.  goes straight to answering machine.  

I tried to send a text to verify phone and no text will come through.

@Krayd  But the critical question is , you really got incoming calls at all?  if you never got any incoming calls, then the porting wasn't completed.  Try to call it from a landline and see if the call reaches you.  If it goes to voicemail, check if it is a Rogers VM or PM VM.  

Or if you still have the Rogers SIM, put it back to a phone and see if that Rogers SIM can make outgoing calls or receive incoming

Krayd

I switched from Rogers to PM on the 21st of June.  have reseated SIM card and reset phone about a dozen times since then.  I don't know what carrier they are on because I cannot reach them.  When people call it goes straight to answering machine.  

@Krayd   So, you are getting some incoming calls and text now but not all

Again, how long you have joined PM?

Also, do you think you can find out the carrier used by those who cannot reach you?  If it is just from one particular carrier, it could be an issue on that end.  I have seen that before.  

Since you have trouble with open ticket with Chatbot, please open ticket with PM using direct message, it is easier with less login confusion

Send a private message to the CS Agent here: https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

**Monitor your Community inbox (envelope icon on the top right) after the ticket is opened. CS Agent will reply you there

Krayd

Yes, I bought sim card for PM and activated it exactly how it said.  Now only certain people can text and call and other people texts wont get through and calls go straight to answering machine.  I tried to get help but I needed to join the community first.  I opened a community account and talked to the chat box that said I needed to open a ticket.  I tried to submit ticket and it wanted me to verify my account before submiting ticket.  I tried to log in and it says USERNAME error.  I tried to get a verifying code sent to phone but texts wont come through.

This Public Mobile is ruining my life and sinking my personal business and I have spent hours each day trying to fix these massive issues 

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@Krayd   are you new to PM and requested porting number into PM?  If so, did you receive a text from your old provider and reply YES within 90 mins to approve the porting?  This is a critical step in porting, if you missed it , let us know and we can advise

or if you are existing PM subscriber for long time, then  It could be network issue in your area.  

Try to reboot your phone first and see if it works 

If not, try to reseat your sim card ( power down the phone, then take the sim out for a minute before you put it back and power it up again)

If it still no receiving incoming calls , try to change the network to 3G Only (or WCDMA only) and see if it helps

MrSpock
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@Krayd hello did you port your number from another provider if so did you receive port request?

Need Help? Let's chat.