cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

calling 611 to check addon usage.. sending to live agent

mimmo
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

heading to the states and wanted to check out 611. In USA i believe 611 will not work and  will need to call teh 1800 number)  Anyways  the prompt said my plan will be pay at 2am est on my renewal date  and plan will be renewed at 5am (this second part was a little later in the process)which was intereting to know.  

Back to the story one of the promps was to check my addon usage ( i have both data and longdistance) i was curious so i pressed the  button,  the prompt says sorry we couldt retrieve your information,  forwarding you to a live agent.  after a little while of being on hold I hung up beacause  i really didnt need the info.

So the question is what would have happened if i actually got through to a live agent/wold i have gotten through to one?  If yes woudl teh simply say sorry go to selfserve?

Yes I know PM is community support only,  but the system is sending me to a live agent i am not asking for one.  

@CS_Agent or @Jeremy_M  are you able to add some clarity as to what happens in the above?

Depending on the above answer maybe the 611 prompt should be modified so say check online rather we will get you a live agent.... or be removed comletley. 

also about the 611 not working in the USA,  I am assuming i would have to call the 1800 number from a regular phone and not my PM phone? correct or get online and to all from self serve.

6 REPLIES 6

mimmo

@Jeremy_M I just called 611, pressed button to see add-on usage it could not retreive the info so it directed me to a live agent. On hold for ten minutes(at least hold music was ok). Message saying you can check online, but again wIt live agent.   Got tired of waiting 20 minutes so I hung up. 15 seconds later I get a phone call from public mobile.  Said thank you was trying to check add-on balance. Operator said sorry we don't have access to your account info.

it is ok. I just tried it now.  Perhaps one time issue.

mimmo

@Jeremy_M I hung up, but can try later today and see what happens.

Jeremy_M
Retraité / Retired
Retraité / Retired

Thanks for sharing @mimmo!

• Were you able to connect to a live agent? 

Only customers who have a Legacy/Pioneer account should have heard this prompt in the IVR. I think this can be a one-off - but looking for other examples to be certain.

Thanks,

Jeremy

mimmo

that was my thought.  Maybe  its time to modify the 611 prompts, what they say or actions it takes.

an easy start would be:

press 1 if you are legasy

press 2 if you are pick and pay

press 1 if you wnat to buy an addon...

etc...

MarieHelene_L
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

Hey @mimmo

In fact, you would've been redirected to a live agent but since they don't have access to your account, they would've simply recommended you to visit the community 🙂

Since only our legacy customers have access to call center support, live agents only have access to these accounts in particular 🙂

Hope that answers your question!

Marie

*Please do not post private info such as: phone number, account number, PIN etc... This is a public forum!*
Need Help? Let's chat.