cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

buying simcard

pomi123
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I am currently outside of Canada. As soon as I arrive, I try to use a phone that trying to buy a sim card in advance, but when I buy a simcard ,it  keeps saying the zip code does not match billing address and does not pucharge it.  But my Postal code is correct and I don't know why it's called a zip code instead of postal code.

HOW CAN I BUY A SIMCARD?

13 REPLIES 13

@hTideGnow 

I think so. I did off of eBay. The seller had a 100% rating and lots of good comments. I can’t see a seller trying to screw his customer and lose his/her eBay rating. There are honest people out there. But what ever floats your boat. A savvy buyer would have a back up plan to suspend account, or watch for account activity and lastly be prepared to buy a SIM and do a SIM change online. Bottom line....nothing’s lost. 

HI @CountyDownIeUk   I guess you need to your their friend code for them to make referral.  

But they give me a sim card number, I activate and they ship me the card?

i guess I don't want to do that, not safe.  The have my sim card on hand and the card already activated

@hTideGnow 

From Craigslist or eBay. 

Most I see want you to pre activate and then they ship the card.  

I did one of my accounts that way. 

@CountyDownIeUk wrote:

You can get SIM cards free or for 99 cents. 

HI @CountyDownIeUk   how and where?

pomi123

how

You can get SIM cards free or for 99 cents. 

Does your credit card have the same address?

pomi123

yes 

Is your address a Canadian address?

HI @pomi123 

you have a Canadian credit card?

SIM card is not 50% off, so just $5 each

Before you try again, make sure you check and confirm PM did not charge you money yet

Also, were you setting up new account to buy or as Guest, whichever way you did, use the other way (Please note account on the SIM card purchase is different from account on My Account and Community, it is a different system)

And I suggest you to try again using Incognito mode when you want to re-try

@pomi123 

PM currently have a promo for the SIM card for $5 but until July 31 at 11:59 EST.

There might be a glitch in the system so maybe try contact a CS_Agent by private messaging.

pomi123

Yes. I set the same shipping address and billing address and proceeded with the payment. But they keep saying the same error message . And as far as I know, the sim card is $10 and it's set up to pay only $5. I donno why... :S

BKNS27
Mayor / Maire

@pomi123 

Is the CC billing address the same as shipping address?

It should be your Postal Code in Zip Code.

Try clearing your cache, cookies and go incognito on your browser.

Need Help? Let's chat.